Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed's New 1987 Factory Slantnose

Old 05-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Former Sponsor
Fabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Fabspeed's New 1987 Factory Slantnose

Ready for a flashback to 1987 I thought I would share with you guys the new member of the Fabspeed Family. A couple weeks ago we aquired a 1987 bone stock USA factory slantnose 930T with the help of Stephen Kasper @ Imagine Auto. We will be doing a full build-up on this car, and will keep you guys informed on the progress of our build.

Car on the lift first day we got it!

Here is a great shot of the 930S front spoiler that was painted and installed hours before our Charity Car show!

Here is a list of mods that we have completed on the car so far
Fabspeed Motorsport Zork Tube (just like 934 IMSA Style)
930S Steering wheel
934 Boost Gauge
930S Front Spoiler
Waiting for HRE 590 18" wheels to be built and shipped thanks to Ben@Wheels Boutique

We are about to remove the entire stock exhaust system to fit our new Fabspeed 930 turbo headers which have been under development the past couple months. I will have pictures of the new headers that we will be offering with or without heat.

Stay Tuned.... as I will be posting up dyno graphs before and after IMSA Zork Tube Install along with more pics of the car as we progress.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:56 PM
Teamspeed Surgeon
TT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud of
Jeremy, I love that car!

Old 05-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Cool car Jeremy. Looks like it has the proper '80s 16" BBS mesh wheels as well. Looking forward to seeing your headers and how they stand-up to the typical cracking problems at the turbine flange.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:33 AM
Former Sponsor
Fabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Thanx for all the kind words. Yesterday I threw the car on the dyno to get some stock baseline numbers. The stock car put down 261hp and 289ft/lb to the rear wheels which is very respectable for a 20 year old car....but man this thing needs more power
I unstrapped the car from the dyno and put it back on the lift to remove the stock muffler and cat. Once we removed the stock system we installed the Fabspeed Zork tube. We also replaced the muffler off the wastegate with a straight pipe. Now that we had everything installed it was time to strap the car back on the dyno for some more runs. After a couple runs on the dyno I could feel a tremendous difference of how much harder and faster the turbo spooled up. I managed to put down 289hp and 317ft/lb. I attached the dyno graph comparing the the stock and performance run.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:37 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-28-2008, 12:01 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Beauty! Can't wait to see the finished pictures.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Former Sponsor
I installed the Fabspeed Cold Air Intake today and did a couple dyno pulls. Below you will see the dyno graph before and after intake.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Wow!

I've been wanting a 930 turbo for a while...

eBay Motors: Porsche : 930 (item 370054514036 end time Jun-02-08 14:01:38 PDT)

That is gorgeous.

Last edited by LABrit; 05-28-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
^ That's a very nice 930 Josh, there don't seem to be many blue ones around?

Subscribed!

Old 05-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
Wow!

I've been wanting a 930 turbo for a while...

eBay Motors: Porsche : 930 (item 370054514036 end time Jun-02-08 14:01:38 PDT)

That is gorgeous.
Hardly. Victory has a notorious reputation for selling POS that look like creampuffs in pictures, paying off places that do PPIs, etc. I'd stay far away.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fabspeed's New 1987 Factory Slantnose