Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Does Raikkonen Have The Heart For A Comeback?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 10:41 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Great piece Dana, thank you for this!

Old 11-29-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
It will be exciting to see Kimster in an F1 car again. I can't help but compare this to Schumi's return - yes, I know, Kimi is no Schumi . Most felt that he would at best be mid-pack considering his car and the teams he would have to fight for a podium. Kimi is in the same position no matter how much LRGP claim to be rebuilding.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Imagine this pairing if Kubica had not been injured.

Now this might have been pretty awesome.

Renault not ruling out Robert Kubica despite having signed Kimi Raikkonen - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Old 11-29-2011, 10:50 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 11-29-2011, 11:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Its a shame he's in a Lotus and not back in the Ferrari. It's a total waste for Massa to be driving that car.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
^ I tend to agree with that. Kimi and Alonso would have been very interesting.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
I sense you're not the biggest Kimi fan, Dana.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Here's my take:

Kimi got bored and has the need for more speed in his life. That being said, he's too young for the kind of racing he really ought to be doing: gentleman's racing. The kind where you fly in for race weekend without lifting a finger, have the car set up by the best mechanics available to what should be the optimal set-up, and then you're let loose on the track to have fun without hurting your own ego too much.

In F1, that just won't fly. He may be fast, and he may have the hunger, but I don't think he has the motivation to put in the blood, sweat, and tears that so many other drivers put into this series just to keep their seat on the team. At this point, I think he's lucky to get back into Formula 1 because he's with a team that desperately wants to be a front runner but lacks the development and drivers to get there. Despite that fact that he pretty much lucked into his WDC, he's probably the best value for money driver that Lotus Renault could afford, assuming he will actually pull his weight on the team and not just parade around the track like he doesn't really give a f*ck.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Another fantastic article again Dana! I wasn't watching F1 when Kimi was driving for Ferrari so I am very interested in seeing how he compares with his eventual teammate - whoever that may be. By all accounts he is a great driver, but i thought one of the main reasons why he left F1 was because of the politics of the sport? Or did I just misread something?

Old 11-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Lotus-Renault must have given him such a great offer that he just couldn't refuse, after all his talks with Williams.

Quick Reply: Does Raikkonen Have The Heart For A Comeback?