Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Does Raikkonen Have The Heart For A Comeback?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 07:55 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
As you said in your article, Renault are taking quite a gamble with him. It's hard to take the optimist route and believe that he will make a convincing comeback - time off having helped him re-focus - when, as you demonstrated, he has shown a lack of heart and commitment in previous attempts. I don't doubt that the team managers at Red Bull know what they're doing, and that they said that they didn't see it in Raikonnen doesn't do expectations towards him any favors.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I guess I see this as a desperation move on Renault's part. A knee-jerk reaction to the Kubica let-down.

It just wreaks of it.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:10 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
It wreaks of desperation indeed, they didn't have much options left at this point and probably saw Kimi as a safer gamble than a young gun. It's a real bummer about Kubica. High expectations or not the disappointment will be the same if Raikonnen doesn't deliver.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Old 11-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
My glass is half-empty with Kimi. Unless Lotus (formerly Renault) has a car that is above the competition, he won't enjoy fighting in the middle of the pack and will get bored easily. Ever since Ferrari gave him that amazing going-away present (about $50M or so), he's been entitled to drive whatever he feels like at a given moment. That feeling of entitlement is going to have to vanish quickly if he has any chance of succeeding, but I fear that it won't. I've never seen Kimi "hungry" for anything, except maybe the end of a race. Of course he's a great talent, but I don't think he's ever had the internal drive of Schumacher, Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton, etc.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^ How can I disagree with one of the 7 members who bested me in The League.

Ferrari paid Kimi to go away.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Trying to figure out Kimi is not too difficult. He's been WDC and who wouldn't take $50 million to walk away knowing there would always be a seat for him in F1 if he chose to come back.

But he wasn't going to come back to a team that had absolutely no chance. He chose Lotus because they're the only team with an open seat that can be somewhat competitive. I'm sure he'd love to be at RBR but they will never pay his retainer.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^ Red Bull is too smart to pay Kimi.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
^ Red Bull is too smart to pay Kimi.
Absolutely, their car wins. End of story. They don't need a high priced driver.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Seb Vettel seems to be above gauging Red Bull. He may regret that come retirement age.

Webber is just happy to be there.

I don't sweat Kimi for taking the cash. I would have too.

It wasn't the money. He was transparent before he made the big money.

Quick Reply: Does Raikkonen Have The Heart For A Comeback?