Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

South Korea wants a team and driver

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 02:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
South Korea wants a team and driver

From PlanetF1:

Having staged a successful race this past weekend, South Korea is now keen to have its own team and driver on the F1 grid.

South Korea hosted its inaugural race on Sunday and although there were a few teething problems throughout the weekend, the event was deemed a success.

The country is now keen to continue stamping its mark on F1 with the the chief executive of the Korea Auto Valley Association, Chung Yung-cho, revealing that he would like to see a South Korean team and driver on the grid.

"This is something we really must have; a team and a driver in Formula One," he told Reuters.

"I really believe this nation, the corporations, and our association must work together to find a way.

"I know there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes, but it's really time for everyone to come out and make this effort a public one.

"Let's not be afraid that we might fall short. If anyone finds they are just short of what they need, we'll help."

However, South Korea's most likely candidate for Formula One, Hyundai Motor, says they are "simply not interested in Formula One."

Old 10-25-2010, 02:16 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I am hereby offering myself up as their main driver. If I can have ZAMIRZ as my head mechanic and Leslie Bibb from Talladega Nights as my wife. And Gulf livery on the car.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I nominate the Top Gear crew to work with Hyundai, Kia, and Daewoo to design the car. Actually, I think they should just slap an F1 engine into a C'eed and race that.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I nominate the Top Gear crew to work with Hyundai, Kia, and Daewoo to design the car. Actually, I think they should just slap an F1 engine into a C'eed and race that.
Imagine the possibilities going the OTHER way: F1 trickle-down tech (like road-legal KERS) at Hyundai prices.