Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changed Color of the Interior on MY2011 R8 Spyder!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
Changed Color of the Interior on MY2011 R8 Spyder!

Changed the interior of my 'Lava Gray' '11 R8 Spyder from 'Black w. Alcantara' to 'Amulet Red Nappa'!

I recently acquired '11 R8 Spyder. The car came with a 'Black w. Alcantara' base interior (first photo). Rather dull & somber. I happen to love 'red' interiors. Long story short - I found someone near Sacramento that had removed the OEM Audi R8 'red' interior from his v10 coupe because it looked to much like the red interior on his new Mercedes SLS! Oh, the sheer horror of it...so you can understand! So he had the Audi dealership changed the interior on his brand new R8 (600 miles) and replaced it with a custom ordered 'Audi Exclusive' Black leather interior with deviating 'red' stitching! So I bought real well his 'old' red seat covers & door panels and exchanged them this week for the interior of my 2011 R8 Spyder!

The exterior color on my car is called 'Lava Gray Pearl Effect'. And with this 'red' interior (called 'Amulet Red' by Audi), it is absolutely stunning! I have not had much time to drive this car since it got here. Then we did this interior work this week. But I took it last Tuesday on a test drive up & down Laureles Grade in Carmel Valley. I drove it just as fast as I had driven the '12 Boxster Spyder that I previously owned (last photo). It handled very well. I will have more to say about the R8 as I get more familiar with it.

Saludos,
Eduardo

Attached Images        
Old 02-17-2013, 04:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond repute
Looks really good with the new interior!!

Old 02-17-2013, 04:08 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Love it! When your ready to sell give me a PM first!!

Old 02-17-2013, 04:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
great looking R8

Old 02-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Great change, I have black w red stich against my Grey exterior but Red is always good by me. My 991 GT3 is going to be White W red interior and some deviating stuff stitching and panels etc..

Old 02-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Member
GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Looks awesome love the red.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys for the comments.

Originally Posted by Marc
My 991 GT3 is going to be White W red interior and some deviating stuff stitching and panels etc..
Well, you have to hope Porsche changes their policy. Up to the 997.1 & 997.2, you could order any color interior on a gt3 or gt3 RS as long as it was 'black'...and had alcantara elements in it. They would let you do deviating stitching in a different color and that was about it! (see first attached photo of a 997.1 gt3 RS). In the gt2 RS and the 4.0 'Limited Edition' gt3 RS, they went all out and allow you to order 'red' alcantara seat inlays and headliner! Plus a partial red alcantara shifter. Right out of a stage set from the 'Best Little Whore House in Texas'. That has been as 'wild', color wise, as Porsche has ever allowed their gt3 and gt3 RS to get (see last two photos)! Doubt the 991 versions will be any different, so don't get your hopes too high! But we will see.

Saludos,
Eduardo

Attached Images    
Old 02-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Eduardo - Great choice on the color change. I'm glad that worked out...

Old 02-17-2013, 11:48 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Substantial improvement, good job

Old 02-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nice
beautiful

Quick Reply: Changed Color of the Interior on MY2011 R8 Spyder!