Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new TT-RS

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Royal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond repute
Saw one today in dark grey, cool car. Congrats!

Old 12-12-2011, 04:33 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
But congrats.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet, great choice! Hope you will have a lot of fun with it!

Old 12-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
krenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
Wow that sounds great for a turbo! Far better than 997tts!

Whats the $ price on theses things? Not knocking it but am curious how much a new one is compared to a used V8 R8?
That's exactly how I was thinking when I started shopping. I was looking at used R8 V8's, but they're holding their value incredibly well.

The TT-RS's are starting around $60k here in the states with about a $4-5 markup (some dealers were asking nearly $10k!). Since Audi is only sending 1,000 of these our way, they're tough to get and the dealers are making the most of it. I got lucky with this car in that somebody had ordered it, but backed out.

While I was shopping, I couldn't help but keep watching this video of a tuned R8 V8 versus a tuned TT-RS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXQM...5E97C477463A7B

Old 12-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
krenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
You know how I know you're gay?
You've seen my private messages to Jox?

Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
But congrats.
Thanks man.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Axman
Sweet, great choice! Hope you will have a lot of fun with it!
Thanks! Much appreciated!

Originally Posted by Royal Oak
Saw one today in dark grey, cool car. Congrats!
Thanks! Those Daytona Gray cars are prety slick too. Hard to find a color that doesn't look good on this body style.

Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut
Congrats!

Theres a Suzuka Grey TT-RS at my dealership, its such a special colour, one of the most stunning and versatile i have ever seen in person.

BTW, The navigation on 2010.5+ TT and A3 have been upgraded to a faster processor, HD screen, AMI compatiblity, SDHC, and integrated TMC traffic. I have upgraded mine to this unit as well as user Atomic80 (you can search for his reveiew) and its leaps ahead of the older version. You can notice the new ones by the piano black contour around the screen.
When I looked at this car, I was a little bummed it didn't have navi, but I actually checked out a new A3 the dealer had on the lot to see the new unit. Like you said, it's updated, but I think I can do better aftermarket. We'll see! Oh, and thanks!

Originally Posted by 599xx
Love these, saw a great gunmetal grey tts the other day. Enjoy it!
Thanks! Those TT-S's are pretty sweet too.

Originally Posted by Winchm60
Congrats; didn't know those were out here in the states yet. LOVE the wheels!
They actually started arriving in the states a couple months ago, but they're mighty hard to find. Thanks very much!

Originally Posted by ADV.1 Tony
Cool! Yeah that 5 cyl turbo is VERY tunable. You'll be able to kill a lot of high powered cars with a tune! Can't wait to see some dyno numbers.

And if you want wheels, you know where to reach me! Hope to hear from you soon. I'd love to get some ADV.1's on a TT-RS. That would be badass!
Yeah, I'm seriously going to be testing my patience in not tuning this baby right away. If you check that vid versus the R8 v8 I posted a bit earlier, it's really amazing was these 5 cyl. cars can do. Not to mention, I know that someday the sport exhaust is going to seem too 'normal' and I'll need to turn up the volume a little bit!

I'm thinking, further down the road sometime, a set of ADV5.2's or ADV10's would be pretty slick -- maybe in gunmetal... mmmmmmmm...

Old 12-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
Ohhhh ADV5.2s would fit the TT-RS great I think. I hope to see it!

And yeah, you're going to want to hear that 5 cyl scream louder and louder. These types of cars are nearly impossible to keep stock for too long!

Old 12-12-2011, 06:21 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the purchase, they are very nice cars. Surprising how quick they are too, not to mention the glorious sound they make. Looking forward to the dyno numbers once you start modding it.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by samuel.g
Congrats on the purchase, they are very nice cars. Surprising how quick they are too, not to mention the glorious sound they make. Looking forward to the dyno numbers once you start modding it.
Agreed! Congrats Mr. Krenshaw, lovin the new TT-RS

Old 12-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats again!