Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Launch Alert! Introducing the AWE Tuning S-Flo Intake in Red

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 06:16 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Alex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to all
Launch Alert! Introducing the AWE Tuning S-Flo Intake in Red

Put some color under your hood. Introducing the AWE Tuning 3.2L and 3.0T S-Flo Intakes. Now in Red.

The AWE Tuning S-Flo Intake was engineered to improve the ability to draw in cool air, while adding power and keeping the sound you love.

Highlights of this system:

• Factory airbox is retained for ultimate intake air heat shielding
• OE Style locking rib at inlet and outlet of silicone hose
• High flow silicone hose replaces restrictive factory tube (and Helmholtz Resonator on the 3.0T)
• Significant power gains with no change in sound
• Peak gains: +10 hp and +6 ft lb at the crank for the 3.0T and +6 hp and +4 ft lb at the crank for the 3.2L
• Max gains on the 3.0T are +15 hp and +11 ft lb at the crank at 7000 rpm, and Max gains on the 3.2L are 7 hp and 6 ft lb at the crank at 6500 rpm.
• Washable large cone filter from OEM supplier
• Flows 34% more than the factory paper filter
• Available in black or red

Aftermarket intakes with open air filters suck in the heat from the engine bay, which can kill power gains generated by a freer flowing filter. By retaining the factory airbox and ducting we are able to provide a very good shield against the hot engine bay air with no change in sound.

To celebrate the release of our S-Flo Intake (now with Red tubing), we are offering a limited time Launch Alert Discount on both the black and red options until February 2nd.

Please visit the S-Flo section of our website for more information.

3.0T: AWE Tuning 3.0T S-Flo Intake System - B8 V6T (10+) - S4 - Audi - PRODUCTS

3.2L: AWE Tuning 3.2L S-Flo Intake System - 3.2 V6 (08 - 10) - A5 - Audi - PRODUCTS

Old 01-13-2011, 06:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
The fact that the stock airbox is retained is appealing. How does it sound?

Old 01-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
Looks goood! You guys always make great products.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:46 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Alex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to all
Originally Posted by AudiRS
The fact that the stock airbox is retained is appealing. How does it sound?
Sound is very much like stock. We didn't see any change, but quite a few clients have noted one.

Here is a review from one of the first people to receive it:
A few of the pre-order s.flos have gone out and I'm one of the lucky few to have received and installed it. The install was easy and fitment was great.

I'm particularly picky about intake noise; I love the sound of induction honk on a N/A motor but really dislike the sound on F/I setups. I'm pleased to say that under normal driving cirumstances you will not notice any difference.

You can hear slightly more whine in certain situations; such as at heavy throttle with low rpms. In this instance the exhaust is quiet so you can detect a bit more whine. I mean the stock intake tube has two resonators for a reason! As the RPMS rise the sound of even the stock exhaust overcomes any additional noise from the intake. I should note that this is only with the stereo off or at very low volumes. If it's a louder setting or you have an aftermarket exhaust you won't hear a thing.

As far as performance difference I really can't honestly say I notice more power, but I also didn't expect to. I do notice a slight difference in throttle resonse which I attribute to the reduced intake restriction. Specifically previous to the installation in the 2000-4000 rpm range i noticed much more of an "on/off" feeling of the throttle. If you were light on the throttle there wouldn't be much acceleration and as you depressed further you would feel a bit of a surge. Now the power seems to come on smoother even during light throttle-> heavy throttle depression. It seems there is less surge as there is more power on tap at a less throttle.
Also, here is a quick video clip from a S5 Cab client:

YouTube - Audi S5 Cabriolet, short acceleration with AWE S-Flo installed

Old 01-14-2011, 02:46 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by Mini George
Looks goood! You guys always make great products.
Thanks for the kind words.