Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spy Shots: Audi R8 ClubSport heads to the 'Ring

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 12:01 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Spy Shots: Audi R8 ClubSport heads to the 'Ring

2011 Audi R8 ClubSport

"Within the next two years, Audi plans to have five different variants of the R8 in production: V8- and V10-powered coupes and convertibles, and one harder-core variant tuned to play as well on the track as it does on the road. This newest, lightweight model – likely carrying either a ClubSport (CS) or GT badge – has been undergoing testing in Germany this week, and beyond the sinister matte-black paint scheme (with matching fuel door), there are a few choice modifications to the body to set it apart from its standard siblings.

The front fascia has been lowered slightly with the addition of a new splitter and reshaped winglets, while out back you'll notice the larger, round exhaust outlets, restyled rear bumper with new air outlets aft of the wheels and that shapely fixed rear wing. The rolling stock appears to have grown a bit and larger carbon ceramic brakes are fitted at all four corners.

It's likely that Audi is using a fair amount of carbon fiber bodywork to bring the ClubSport's curbweight down by a couple hundred pounds, and judging by the side-sill intakes, a V10 – possibly mated to a new dual-clutch gearbox – remains mounted amidships. Given the current pace of development, we'd suspect Audi plans to unveil its latest R8 project this year, possibly at the Paris Motor Show in the fall."
Source Autoblog

Old 04-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
myTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to behold
I would lose the spoiler, but other than that the back looks amazing.

-George

Last edited by myTT; 04-22-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Insman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by myTT
I would lose the spoiler, but other than that the back looks amazing.

-George
yup, spoiler not working for me either...

Old 04-22-2010, 12:30 AM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Honeycomb grill plezz Audi!
I love everything about it so far!

Old 04-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Tommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond repute
This car looks great and the rear bumper is right off the R8 LMS racecar

Old 04-22-2010, 12:11 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Like everything about it. Definitely hope to see it in Paris later this year.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like the prototype Fuel & Fire caught on the 101.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sean
Looks like the prototype Fuel & Fire caught on the 101.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute
I like how he's lookin at you while you're snapping pics

I spotted the new Chrysler 300C Hemi before it had been released, final version w/ no camouflage. I started snapping pics and the guy floored it, started running I was in my M5 though so he didn't get far...fun spot

Old 04-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Jacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura about
I dig it with the exception of the front grill. It's exactly what a clubsport version of any car should look like (wing included)

Quick Reply: Spy Shots: Audi R8 ClubSport heads to the 'Ring