Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi Announces New Mystery Model Unveiling Scheduled for July 16th

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Jack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Audi Announces New Mystery Model Unveiling Scheduled for July 16th

Audi kicks off its 100th birthday celebrations with a ceremony to be attended by German Chancellor Angela Merkel. The ceremony takes place in Ingolstadt on July 16. This may not excite the average reader to any extent but what might do the trick is the fact that a brand new model will be unveiled during the four-day celebrations. The only hint as to what the model will be was given by Audi management board Chairman Rupert Stadler. He said: "We are proud of the tradition of the Audi brand and our company's history of success. You have to be aware of your roots if you want to shape the future with new ideas and innovations."

Not much of a hint, but looking at the history of the four rings, a trend of innovation (quattro), racing (R10 TDI, quattro) and design (original TT) emerges. It might be speculated then that the debutant will be a very sporty model with high-performance abilities. The two candidates bearing those characteristics that stand out are the RS 5 and the R8 Targa. The former has been spied testing with virtually no disguise lately which means an official reveal is imminent. The R8 Targa is, according to the leaked rollout schedule, also due for launch in the next couple of months.

Would Audi celebrate a 100 years of existence as a brand by announcing a two-door performance coupe or a two-door, two-seater thoroughbred sports car? Let the guessing games begin.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:40 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Dtm Rsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsr 5

Old 04-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
Audi A1?

Old 04-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I could see the rs5. And that car is going to be insannneeeee...

Old 04-24-2009, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I predict it'll be the RS5. They announced that they were building it a while ago and I thought a few mags had already tested it?

Old 04-24-2009, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder which engine they eneded up going with (4.2 V8 or 5.2 V10)?

Old 04-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
CAR Magazine

Originally Posted by Alzilla
I predict it'll be the RS5. They announced that they were building it a while ago and I thought a few mags had already tested it?
CAR magazine posted an ostensible comparo test between the RS5 and E92 CSL. I don't have to elaborate to tell you that it was somewhat speculative, to say the least.

I don't have scans or anything, but they had nice glossy renderings of what they thought the RS5 and CSL would look like and what they thought the mechanicals would be. Another black eye for the magazine after the infamous, inaccurate E92 M3 "scoop" they ran a little further back.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
R8 Targa would look hot.....not a car I'd buy buy hot none the less

Old 04-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
I wonder which engine they eneded up going with (4.2 V8 or 5.2 V10)?
If you're talking about the Targa, I think it will be an option for both of them