Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

New DEEP IMPACT product Video!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 03:07 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Old 11-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Insman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the rough
Great boat builder with a solid reputation. If I am ever in the market for a CC boat, they will be my top if not only choice. I do have one question however, how do dual throttle controls work with a triple motor config ??

Old 11-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
I have to agree to that I am very amazed with these fishing boats. Never seen one in person but judging by the pics and vid, and some research seems like a very strong product. I admit I was drooling on the quad 350 config.

I also have some Q. How many boats a year does Deep Impact build a year and how long on an avg it takes to build a 360C like the one on your website?

Welcome to the team and keep up the amazing work.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Former Sponsor
Tim@DeepImpactBoats is an unknown quantity at this point
Deep Impact

Thanks for the comments.
We're a custom builder...building each boat for each client, and keeping the boats unique. We can build boats that are relatively mild to boats that are extremely wild. Our production is roughly 2-3 boats per month. I think that 2011 will be a 25-28 boat year for us. Our current production time is 3-4 months. We strive to build boats that perform well while delivering excellent quality.

With regard to the throttles.... The two stick control that you see is a Mercury part. The digital system controls the engines and shifting. In a quad, the two port engines will be on the port lever, and starboard with starboard. On a triple the center engine will only go into gear when both handles are moved in the same direction. These are the most popular throttles.

Owners that are more performance oriented will go for the multi lever controls which separate the throttle and shifting functions.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the info Tim. Keep up the great work you guys are doing. I was researching a lot and the fit and finish of the products I have seen from your company looks superb, at least in all of the pics I have seen.

Keep up the great work and please for the Team.... MORE PICS of those badboys how about it.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Insman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Tim@DeepImpactBoats
Thanks for the comments.
We're a custom builder...building each boat for each client, and keeping the boats unique. We can build boats that are relatively mild to boats that are extremely wild. Our production is roughly 2-3 boats per month. I think that 2011 will be a 25-28 boat year for us. Our current production time is 3-4 months. We strive to build boats that perform well while delivering excellent quality.

With regard to the throttles.... The two stick control that you see is a Mercury part. The digital system controls the engines and shifting. In a quad, the two port engines will be on the port lever, and starboard with starboard. On a triple the center engine will only go into gear when both handles are moved in the same direction. These are the most popular throttles.

Owners that are more performance oriented will go for the multi lever controls which separate the throttle and shifting functions.
Interesting and great info, thanks...

Old 11-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Tim, when did you leave Cigarette? I met you a couple of times when I was thinking of another TG. I had a Midnight Express at the time.

Cool videos. I still have not ridden a Deep Impact.

If it were me, I would go with the Multi Lever controls. I can't stand the shadow controls.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MikeV is on a distinguished roadMikeV is on a distinguished road
Nicely done video .... here's a pic of my dads DI

Old 11-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
sportboats is an unknown quantity at this point
Nicely done Mr Gallager, we would like to order one in Ferrari blue, and name her Capt. John.

Old 11-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tim@DeepImpactBoats

Tim,

Mercury Racing has new digital throttles and shifters. These were developed for the 1350 turbo engines, but work with Verados, too -- shadow mode and all.

Regards,
GoFast

Last edited by GoFastKindaGuy; 08-14-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Quick Reply: New DEEP IMPACT product Video!