Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

The Woody's in North Lake Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
OMG this thread is awesome...

Old 07-27-2009, 05:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
mbolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond repute
Can only agree. One of the best threads on the forum. This thread alone has made Tahoe my next US vacation trip....

Old 08-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
JLopes is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone goes this year to the meeting of boats in the Lake Tahoe Concours d'Elegance? I live in Portugal a bit far, I wonder if somebody could take some pictures to a boat Hornet II, cockpit, engine, and so on, my concern is that I am collecting information to build up a radio controlled model.

I think this is the best located to put this message if not ask to replace the message, please.

Thank you so much.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:24 AM
Teamspeed Cigarette Racer
Location: Blue Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, Monterey and beyond
gociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud of
1930 GarWood 12cyl packard aka Fleur Du Lac

Originally Posted by JLopes
... I wonder if somebody could take some pictures to a boat Hornet II, cockpit, engine, and so on,....
This year they are featuring GarWood so hopefully the Hornet will be out in the wild in a few days, the last time i saw it in public was 2007. I hear that maybe the Cigarette IV may join up with the Hornet for the show as a reunion. Very cool history on these crafts with Henry Kaiser, his wife as the copilot and Stanley Dollar in their yearly grudge matches on the lake.
Below are a few images that i took at the last showing i was in attendence. If i can get away from work, i may be able to snap off a few more in better light this weekend. I hope this helps.

Attached Images    
Old 08-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
JLopes is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello gociggie31

Thank you for the photos, it was here that I first saw photos of the Hornet II in 2008, I was looking for information Fearless Porsche 28 and later Alpha Z 33, I have the digital model of the Alpha Z done in 3D, Hornet II is next.

I liked it to be present in the meeting as I am a bit far, I'm happy with some pictures that you can share if it is possible.

The Hornet II is already in the list of entries, both would be great can make a run for the old times, will be awesome.

Old 08-12-2011, 02:53 AM
gociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud of
stopped by the show while they were setting up

GARWOOD featured this year, early indications to the show looks promising. So anyone in the area, please stop by to enjoy some works of art.
i grabbed a few images before they closed-up shop for the night-hope ya all enjoy.
Come-one, come all, weather is great and should be a good event!

Attached Images      
Old 08-12-2011, 02:54 AM
Old 08-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Please post up pictures of the event... i'm always drooling over these boats!

Old 08-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by JLopes
Hello everyone,
... I wonder if somebody could take some pictures to a boat Hornet II, cockpit, engine, and so on, my concern is that I am collecting information to build up a radio controlled model.
Thank you so much.
Hi JLopes,
the Hornet never showed yesterday nor today even though it was listed on the program. Nor did the 'Mercury' make it out of the boathouse. Rumor from the workers was that there was a mechnical problem.
If you need more info on the Vessel, there is a nice vintage DVD that has some good footage on the Hornet plus some history about the lake, the racing and other cool racing historic facts.
You can contact info@tahoemaritime.org and i believe its around $25.00 and they can mail it to you. Their web site is
About - Tahoe Maritime Museum for more info.
I will try to dig up more pics of what i did not post already.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt
Please post up pictures of the event... i'm always drooling over these boats!
more

Attached Images  

Last edited by gociggie31; 08-12-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Quick Reply: The Woody's in North Lake Tahoe