Notices
Northwest (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in OR and WA

ProFormance Racing School

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 01:21 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Pistolero63 is an unknown quantity at this point
ProFormance Racing School

I need to have a bit of formal training so I can try to hang with y'all on a drive someday. Has anyone been to this school? I thought I would take the one day high performance driving clinic. Is this money well spent? Thanks.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Boxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond repute
i think pj is a good one to answer this question. perhaps he'll see this thread and offer his .2

there is a school in portland as well that i've heard good things about as well.

good luck! it's money well spent!

Old 02-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pistolero63
I need to have a bit of formal training so I can try to hang with y'all on a drive someday. Has anyone been to this school? I thought I would take the one day high performance driving clinic. Is this money well spent? Thanks.
Its an excellent course thats taught by Don Kitch. I have taken this course twice over the last 15 years. Its a great refresher..........I think I'm due

It will make your driving in "all" situations better.......street or track. Well worth the investment.
After course completion you can do track days in the afternoon with other grauduates of the course or with other "track day" programs such as Park Place Ltd sponsored ones.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kuzi
Its an excellent course thats taught by Don Kitch. I have taken this course twice over the last 15 years. Its a great refresher..........I think I'm due

It will make your driving in "all" situations better.......street or track. Well worth the investment.
After course completion you can do track days in the afternoon with other grauduates of the course or with other "track day" programs such as Park Place Ltd sponsored ones.
Way overdue. Time to exercise those bad boys of yours.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Way overdue. Time to exercise those bad boys of yours.
From what I remember it use to be run on wednesdays.......not sure about now. Any interest to taking a half day off from patients?? I'd be up for it.

I'm not much into racing.........but just to re-hone the driving skills never hurts.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
From what I remember it use to be run on wednesdays.......not sure about now. Any interest to taking a half day off from patients?? I'd be up for it.

I'm not much into racing.........but just to re-hone the driving skills never hurts.
Kuzi

My office is only 5 minutes away. I do it all the time.....(Well until kaboom. )

Old 02-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Kuzi

My office is only 5 minutes away. I do it all the time.....(Well until kaboom. )
kaboom??

Old 02-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Kissed the wall last year.
OUCH! Please don't do that in your Strad.....

I've learned over the years to drive to within my abilities........and then turn it down 10 notches!

Looking back, I"m still in disbelief at some of the stupid stuff I did..........bad....very bad

Old 02-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
OUCH! Please don't do that in your Strad.....

I've learned over the years to drive to within my abilities........and then turn it down 10 notches!

Looking back, I"m still in disbelief at some of the stupid stuff I did..........bad....very bad
That's the risks of doing track. There are so many factors involved that you'd never know what's going to happen.
For example, there was an orthopedic friend who crashed his brand new 7GT3 caused by oil spilled from the Z06 in front of him.
When it comes to high performance driving, the worst crashes are usually involved the ones with the most experience on the track.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
Kissed the wall last year.
If that was a kiss...I certainly don't want to see what a hug looks like

Proformance is great! Don and his entire staff are amazing. Highly recommended. Have done multiple classes with him including receiving my novice SCCA permit

Quick Reply: ProFormance Racing School