Notices
Northwest (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in OR and WA

ProFormance Racing School

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vincentdds
When it comes to high performance driving, the worst crashes are usually involved the ones with the most experience on the track.
Ah ha.........explains why I've never been in a wreck!

Old 02-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vincentdds
You do need to race once a year to maintain your license though.
I know, just haven't figured out what class I want to race in or whether I want to buy/maintain a strict race car or not.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:12 AM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
by no means am I a spokesperson for Proformance... but I am a fan.

I got my car last June with the specific intent of getting out on the track...

A friend (Bruce) told me to go to Proformance...

I have signed up for every all day lapping day this year.

Money well spent and it will improve your driving skills -- street and track.

I highly reccomend it even if you do not plan on tracking your car.

Vincent is right (this time ) that there are risks involved and I was at the track the day that his friend lost his 997 GT3... everyone was okay... just short a car or two... I digress.

If you get into it... check with your insurance to see if you are covered... but I would not let lack of insurance coverage scare you away from the High Performance Driving Day... you are with an instructor for all hot laps...

Don Kitch knows what he is doing and his instructors are paid instructors not car clubbers volunteering to instruct for free track time... no offense meant of course.

Worst case scenario -- you pay the $500-600 and become a better or "refreshed" driver and you spend a day with enthusiasts at the track... beware though... if you have any inclination that you will like it... it is a slippery slope...

Old 02-16-2008, 01:26 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Pistolero63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the information. The course is typically offered on Mondays or Tuesdays according to the web site. I think I will take the course in the spring. Each class can take up to 24 students. Let me know if anyone wants to take it with me. The website is www.proformanceracingschool.com.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
D-UberCars is an unknown quantity at this point
Count me in w/you!

You are on for the spring. Long overdue for me in this car, would be good to get a couple of the regulars and learn together. Familiar with Pacific from my old motorcycle road racing days but, that was a long time ago.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:44 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
BleuOmdurman is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm doing the 2-day SCCA school in March. anyone else?

Old 03-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MsGreta is an unknown quantity at this point
I also did Don Kitch's high performance driving school twice - once in the rain. Barrier hosts this in the summer for Porsche's only at a reduced rate which was really fun with all pcars. Great investment, great fun, and you will take away learnings that help you in everyday driving. I am headed this spring to the Porsche Sport Driving School in Birmingham Alabama for two days in early May - can't wait!

Old 03-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BleuOmdurman
I'm doing the 2-day SCCA school in March. anyone else?
You will have a great time. I did it 3 years ago and bought a race car a month later and raced the last few years. I have a perfect RS America for purchase to race when you complete the course

Old 03-06-2008, 05:33 PM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I have dibs on that RSA... cannot pay for a couple years though

Old 03-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
D-UberCars is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm signed up!

Signed up for the May 6, Tues ProFormance intro session. Anyone want to come too?

Quick Reply: ProFormance Racing School