Notices
Northern California (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in Northern California

Thanking Premier as my first post!

Old 08-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
medpilot105 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanking Premier as my first post!

I figured this is a good two birds/one post type of thing. I just got back from taking my new-to-me GT3 to Premier and wanted to post my experience. You can reach them at Premiermobile.com. I dealt with David and Greg and I was very impressed!

I choose to have them tear down the existing pre-cut style clear bra and replace with ClearGuardX (Prestige Film Technologies - Prestige Clear Guard, CarboniteHD, ClearVue, Image Capture Film, Screen Protector and ViewBlock) on full hood, full front fenders, and front bumper using their custom fitment. No lines or seams!! I was a bit concerned, at first, with the partial disassembly of my car but, they were excellent with the front lip, headlights and side markers. I know they post their work showing the high-end cars they work on but, in person, it's evident they have a ton of experience working on these types of cars.

I also had them tint my car with PhotoSync75. It has kept my car as cool as my previous tint, which had a 45% VLT, yet has an almost OEM non-tint look to it. I wanted to go with a light tint to try something different and I'm glad I did. Looks perfect.

I felt really comfortable with the installers after I was able to watch them work for a while. Since, I wasn't local to them (drove two plus hours), I spent the day in the waiting lounge so I was able to witness their meticulous work. They took great care of my car and they clearly care about their workmanship. FWIW, they also offered to set me up with a rental car for the day if I wanted one but glad I stayed to see it all come together.

If you're contemplating tint or paint protection for your car and can make it to one of their locations, do it.

iPhone pics attached. Maybe if the guys at Premier see this they can add shots that they took. Those are guaranteed to be better! I look forward to posting/lurking on TS!

Attached Images     
Old 08-21-2012, 12:15 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Premier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond repute
Here is a test we performed on another car with PhotoSync65 (medpilot105 has PhotoSync75%) measured with a BTU meter and in 78 degree weather.

For those interested in PhotoSync and not in our area (California), please contact the manufacturer, Prestige Film Technologies (www.prestige-films.com)

Old 08-25-2012, 06:35 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Premier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond repute
One of the most commonly asked question is how well does Spectra PhotoSync compare with other window tint products. So we decided to actually put Spectra PhotoSync to test against a 5% metallic limo tint. Now keep in mind, the shades we used for comparison is PhotoSync65, 55, and 45, so much lighter compared to limo tint at 5%. There is also one major difference - the limo tint has metals in it so it can produce some decent heat rejection that would be comparable to a lighter ceramic based tint:

Old 09-04-2012, 12:36 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
For those not familiar with Spectra PhotoSync, it is a nano window film that will adjust its nano properties to perform better when exposed to direct solar radiation (sunlight). The result is the film's heat rejecting properties begin to change to block up to 98.5% of infrared rays. This video below shows this effect:

Old 09-09-2012, 07:41 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Conducted another test since we have been receiving inquiries to test PhotoSync against ceramic

Test: PhotoSync vs. a leading ceramic tint at 40%

Old 09-11-2012, 12:00 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Another test we conducted recently. With Prestige Film Technologies' Spectra PhotoSync Nano Window Film. We decided to document this test to show how well this product performs compared to a leading 30% ceramic tint. The previous test was done compared to a ceramic 40%. Test specs:

Spectra PhotoSync 65% (yes, we are using a lighter film to compare with a darker 30% ceramic tint)
*product to the left

VS.

30% Ceramic (one of the more popular ceramic tint products on the market....sorry, we are not going to name the manufacturer of this product, but can say it is likely the most well-known on the market)
*product to the right

Conditions:

Outdoor Temperature: 75 degrees

Test Time: 2pm

Measurement Equipment: BTU Meter aimed directly at the window films to obtain simultaneous readings for accuracy

Test Subject: Raging Gray Bull named the Aventador

Old 09-30-2012, 08:00 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
To note, this video below shows how PhotoSync compares to a very popular ceramic 40% tint. However, this comparison was done at Spectra PhotoSync's pre-activation phase. In short, PhotoSync's Solar Adaptive Coating did not activate to produce maximum heat rejection, which means it will perform even better when exposed to solar energy for approximately 15 minutes.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:26 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
We just installed Spectra PhotoSync 75% to the windshield of a Tesla. Right here, we use a BTU meter to test the performance of the product installed - what a difference!