Notices
Northern California (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in Northern California

Anyone going to Sea Otter Classic @ Laguna Seca this weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
eshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone going to Sea Otter Classic @ Laguna Seca this weekend...

Just rec'd word that a buddy of mine is racing and I'd almost completely forgotten the dates it falls on since ive been out of the scene for the last few years. Basically Laguna Seca is turned into a huge dirt park for professional bike races (downhill, slalom, road, etc) as well as a giant convention for the latest bikes and gear on the market. Really great way to get a sense of the mtn bike world if you like to ride, meet ppl, and pick up crazy deals on parts direct from manufacturers like extra tires, etc...Last time I went 5th element took my rear shock apart, rebuilt and serviced it for free...

So since my car is too loud to drive on the track there in its current setup, be nice to check this out with the bikes at least while I have the roof rack on. I'm still deciding if im going down for sat, sun or both but if anyone is interested in meeting up there or driving down let me know...

Sea Otter Classic - April 16-19, 2009

Old 04-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that sounds like an awesome time! I'm going to give my mtn bike an overall in the next couple of weeks to get ready for the summer. What kind of bike do you have Shaun?

Old 04-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
eshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Wow, that sounds like an awesome time! I'm going to give my mtn bike an overall in the next couple of weeks to get ready for the summer. What kind of bike do you have Shaun?
Currently just a Santa Cruz Heckler I built new in 03...pretty aggressive spec @37lbs since I rode xc with half my buddies and DH with the rest on the team at the time...5th Element rear shock, 03 marzocchi Z1 qr20, XT w/Holzefeller cranks, HayesMagDH brakes w/8" rotors, D321s w/kenda rubber, Evil DRS, wtb Ti Rocket V, Thomson post, Easton bars, etc...I should probably bring it up to date with lighter stuff since im not doing 60mph downhill anymore Back then ppl were snapping CF bars and posts so I pulled those off the original freeride build spec and went with heavier aluminum stuff...