Notices
Northeast (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, and VT
Sponsored By MetroNYPCA

Seeking advice on where to stay in NYC

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 01:24 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
BleuOmdurman is an unknown quantity at this point
Seeking advice on where to stay in NYC

I know it's dangerous to seek advice from a New Yorker. I lived in NY for 4 years, but not in the city.

Anyway, I will be living in NYC for six weeks starting in early June. I am trying to figure out where to stay. My priorities are, in no particular order: price, distance to subway, distance to financial district, view, distance to fun stuff, safe location. Fun stuff for me are parks, comedy clubs, outdoor music, exercise spots. I don't need to be close to a gym as I'll have a good facility at work. Here is where I am looking at so far:
1) NYU Dorm
2) 224 East 47th Street
3) 165 East 88th St
4) 1395 Lexington Ave
5) 535 W 116th St
6) 500 Riverside Dr

I'm cool with a sublet. I went to West Point, so I'm a pretty clean and organized person by habit. Any advice will be well received.

Thanks!

Old 03-11-2008, 11:54 AM
MJS
Teamspeed Member
MJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud of
If you're looking to have fun, definitely an NYU Dorm (I am assuming you're 23 or younger)

All of the other locations you mentioned are a bit out of the way... I am going on the assumption that you'll be placed in a dorm downtown.