Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

2015 Camaro killer!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
Wait...what is this?

Old 04-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
PJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dieter.manero
This actuall looks pretty good, love the central intake and the body style but the Healights needs some work. but a camaro killer not likely.
Ya, the current mustang already kills the bloated camaro in everything but ride over really bumpy roads. I'm sure the next one that will be lighter and faster with a IRS, will certainly be way slower than the Camaro. Ya right! Lol.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I love the new wars that have come back. I wish dodge/mopar would enter the fight.

Not sure at which trim level the stang has beaten the camaro but I haver seen anything that supports that. I also think the zl1 is going to shred the gt 500.

I hate drag racing so if that's what you meant then maybe, but who gives a shit.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
PJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura aboutPJ111 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by U-Boat Commander
I think it looks great and original (not really AM-ish).
This is a quote from the Wall street journal interview with a Ford spokesman on the Mustang redesign...

"The new Mustang is due as a 2014 model, and will look somewhat like an Aston Martin, the high-price sports car often featured in James Bond movies. People who have seen the new Mustang said it is almost a body double for the Evos concept car that Ford showed at the Frankfurt auto show last fall.

A Ford spokesman said he couldn’t comment on Ford’s product plans for the Mustang"

Old 04-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
I love the new wars that have come back. I wish dodge/mopar would enter the fight.

Not sure at which trim level the stang has beaten the camaro but I haver seen anything that supports that. I also think the zl1 is going to shred the gt 500.

Umm..That would be SS vs. GT and 6cyl. vs. 6cyl. ZL1 don't know vs. 650hp. Shelby..Both are not out to go head to head yet..

New Jersey motorsport lap times for Boss vs. SS, that would be road racing course..
Lap Times:
2012 Boss 302 Mustang 1:20.392
2010 Camaro SS 1:22.440

Read more: WATCH: Our 2012 Boss 302 Mustang vs. a Camaro SS! | AmericanMuscle.com Mustang Blog

Road and track test Mustang GT vs.SS...

1st Place - 2011 Ford Mustang GT
Photos: 2011 Ford Mustang GT >>
Lap Time: 1:37.6

Yes, it's still lacking an independent rear suspension. Nobody expects Ford to change that anytime soon. Why would they when it works this well? This is particularly true when talking about performance on a smooth road, as we had for the majority of our test. As such, our 5.0 GT equipped with its new 6-speed manual, quad-cam aluminum V-8 and optional Brembo Brake Package was in heaven. The 3-link live rear axle compromises some ride comfort on bumpy stuff, but gives up little to none out at the track. Drag racers prefer this setup for its robust nature and lack of wheel hop on launch, the latter in stark contrast to the Camaro.

An all-new 6-speed transmission is fully utilized with gear ratios neatly spaced so that the electronically limited top speed of 145 mph is reached in 6th, unlike the Camaro, which can do it in 4th, 5th and 6th. Mustang GT drivers will enjoy shifting this close-ratio box. Like the Camaro, there is now a skip-shift feature, an EPA mileage Band-Aid that forces the driver to shift from 1st–4th under moderate acceleration. Interestingly, it is far more of a nuisance in the Camaro because 1st gear is so much taller.

Where the Mustang really shines, though, is in its relatively low weight. Our test car gained just 80 lb. over the previous version. The majority of that extra weight can be chalked up to the optional glass roof panel and bigger brakes. But all said, it’s still more than 200 lb. (6 percent) lighter than the Camaro. Unfortunately, it remains nose-heavy in its balance, although you’d never know it by its crisp turn-in and ability to clip apexes.

I hate drag racing so if that's what you meant then maybe, but who gives a shit.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
adamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enough
Looks like a ball of Aston with it's front upper teeth punched in...

Old 04-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Former Sponsor
NAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PJ111
Niiiice!!!
Never Been a Fan of the Ford Mustang, but Gee Whiz.....this is a very nice vehicle, something I would even consider buying...well maybe

Old 04-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Dafuq?? Why is there a Llama?
Scott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PJ111

I paid over 60k for an 07 with an ox cart rearend and a 5-spd. Lol.
At least at 60k this time you will get twice the gas mileage, better handling, more power and a real interior for once. Bring it!
A real interior? Whats wrong with the current interior?

Old 04-26-2012, 04:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
texanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond repute
I didnt really think about the aston look but, the rear end realy does resemble them form this angle.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Scott Davis
A real interior? Whats wrong with the current interior?
Granted the current interior is better, but it still looks dated and the materials are rather cheap. My 2007 is absolute crap. Lol.

Quick Reply: 2015 Camaro killer!!!