Notices
Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News Ferrari News, Testarossa, F355, 308, & All Other Ferrari's Of Importance.

F355 Reincarnation

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
F355 Reincarnation

first, has anyone done this to a 355 F1 or knows of someone who did?

Daniel Pass over at Ricambi America has been truly great in replying to my emails, and he has specified those two parts for the fix:

F1 pump

Ferrari Parts : 213264 : 213264 Electric Pump (F1)

and this adapter to enable using the pump above on the 355 F1

Ferrari Parts : PABF355F1 : PABF355F1 F355 F1 Pump Retrofit Kit

obviously, i have some concerns for using the kit, so here are my questions:

1. how trusty is this thing?
2. any pro mechanics here who can help me with their expert opinions?

kindly advize

Last edited by GrayTT; 05-09-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
update: i ordered the 360 F1 pump and the adapter (manufactured by Hill Engineering) to install it on my car
i also threw in a new clutch which i do not need, but this is technically online shopping so what the hell, right!?

i will take pics and update you guys hopefully when the parts are delivered to Kuwait safe and sound (wish me luck with customs, i hope they do not make an ordeal over this)

Old 04-25-2011, 05:57 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Through the port or airpot ? Door-to door shipping or Personal ie you go and pick up the items ?

Old 04-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
i have specified to them that i want it to be through FedEx
and i have specified my home address for delivery

hopefully no Ferrari badges will be apparent, so that no mess occurs at customs with them saying that i have an AD i can go through

what do you reckon?

Old 04-25-2011, 06:06 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
i have specified to them that i want it to be through FedEx
and i have specified my home address for delivery

hopefully no Ferrari badges will be apparent, so that no mess occurs at customs with them saying that i have an AD i can go through

what do you reckon?
Dont worry, it's not a big deal. I've been there and done that, just give me a call if your stuck with whatever hassle you've got with clearance.

My thoughts, most probably 90% chance of having it delivered to your door step specifically fedex. There will be an Import tax you've got to pay when the items are delivered I believe between 5-10%.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 04-25-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thanks bo jasim, and i think i know what you are hinting at
i have a few friends from the gym who work at customs, so i will hopefully be in the clear, but thanks for your offer mate

and yup, import tax is 5% on the declared value on the receipt + something like 7-10kd for clearance (takhlee9)

Old 05-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
shipment arrived in kuwait
should be delivered tomorrow

excited as hell for the install

need to ask what kind of programming is required

Old 05-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
update: i went to the shop today, and the mechanic hooked up the SD3 to a Dino and showed me the 355 option to access, and when we entered that i saw the F1 system
option

so relieved
waiting on a call from him (probably by end of the week unfortunately) to take my car and drop it off

plan so far:
install the pump/adapter + sync
install new clutch
make sure all is well
take it for transmission + f1 + antifreze oil change

while it is up, i will check the condition of the belts and tensioners to see when i will do the Major

all the while, i will take the ac vents to see if they can be restored
if so, i will take the 5 switches on the panel + the ashtray to restore as well before installing the new tunnel parts

excited as the day i first drove it home

Old 05-02-2011, 10:48 AM
AMGFanatic
That's good news

Old 05-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
finally dropped my car off at the shop today
work will start tomorrow to remove the F1 unit
will install a 360 pump + adapter (by Hill Engineering)

a bit of a stumble when my mechanic asked me where the heat shield was..
emailed Ricambi asap and the owner was phenomenal in answering my questions, and after learning that the F360 (+430,575,612) all have their pumps out in the engine bay without heat shield, i feel a lot better at installing mine now

this whole ventilation thing has me excusing me asking:
how much do challenge grilles go for? i am certain a new one is ridiculously priced, so a clean used one perhaps?

let us hope the diagnosis was spot on, and this will take care of the flashing and no problems will ensue

Quick Reply: F355 Reincarnation