Notices
Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News Ferrari News, Testarossa, F355, 308, & All Other Ferrari's Of Importance.

F355 interior!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
thanks, you know me and you know that this is NOT how i keep my cars usually but the past year has been just grueling and relentless

does Ditec come and do their stuff at home?
as for alzayani, i wish to NEVER work with them EVER.. i will be a very happy man the day the Ferrari dealership is taken away from them i can only hope

Old 04-23-2011, 07:27 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
thanks, you know me and you know that this is NOT how i keep my cars usually but the past year has been just grueling and relentless

does Ditec come and do their stuff at home?
as for alzayani, i wish to NEVER work with them EVER.. i will be a very happy man the day the Ferrari dealership is taken away from them i can only hope
No Ditec doesn't do home-service, but try Pronto-wash I believe they do.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Old 04-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
bo jasim i'll keep you posted bro
and you're the first one to test-drive my car once i get the pump up and running enshala gol amen

Originally Posted by quickZohsix
thanks
i found this very, very reasonable replacement here:
Ferrari Parts : 64502200R : 355 HVAC Panel Replacement

Old 04-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Wearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars
can't see PICs but based on the 355 history you are not alone. Ferrari simply used inferior materials on the 355. It is very common. But it can be completely redone. Go on www.ferrarichat.com. and look under the 355 section. Plenty of people on that forum can help you get it back to better then original. GL
+1 on this. Its actually pretty cheap to have it redone 1-1.5K with labor on the last one.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
update: i just ordered those three parts which basically cover 75% of the tunnel from Ricambi.. their customer service is unbelievable!
Daniel Pass is a true gentleman and businessman.. i am sure this is old news to most Fcar owners - whom i envy if you are a US/Canada resident

the reason i decided not to pursue cleaning was the picture attached with the red stitch interior

once the mechanical parts are installed, i will proceed to install those 3 interior pieces + clean (and paint?) the ashtray part + probably dig out the AC outlets and give them a nice scrub

i will also proceed with removing the plastic on the carpet and make sure the interior is DRENCHED with conditioners lol

the order went in tonight, so i CANNOT wait to receive and get the party started

Attached Images     
Old 04-25-2011, 06:09 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations, good to see you bringing your car back to life and not just left parked collecting dust.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
yeah mate, it's Easter so a resurrection is fitting
i am going to drive it enshala on sundays for my weekly family gatherings (dowaween rasmiya) + weddings and stuff like that

Old 04-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
okay guys i want to share this for some laughs

just got a quote from Ricambi who have been AWESOME for some parts that i was contemplating changing. ferrari are such idiots lol, let me sum it up for you

- if i wanted to change all my 3 AC vents (centre which is a double + left + right) = $1,121
- those little five switches on the console? (post #6, 2nd pic)
$695
- new set of mirror switches + brackets for both doors .. $495
the switches alone amount to $481
so yes, the brackets (both) = $14 seriously who is pricing this stuff
i am not making this up, and yes, we are talking about plastic here.. sh1tty plastic mind you
- both door HANDLES, basically rectangles with curved edges, $297
- the trim for the radio: $39.75. okay, THIS is what the prices should be.
- steering wheel cover (in halves, goes on top and bottom of steering wheel) $951

all in all $3,602 before discount

to compare: a clutch is $1,120 and a 360 pump is $800
so for the price of new rubbish plastic, you can change a clutch on an f-car that'll give you at least 30k miles..
and for 5 plastic pieces you can get a new hydroelectric pump (which i will be cross-checking with Alfa Romeo to see if it is the same one)

i feel so much better now buying watches and driving sports cars

Old 04-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars
Ferrari simply used inferior materials on the 355.
They used some of the highest quality materials available at the time. The problem is the majority of owners don't know how to properly care for the leather and plastics.

Quick Reply: F355 interior!!