Notices
Midwest (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in IA, IL, IN, MI, MO, OH, WI, and WV

Woodward Dream Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 12:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Woodward Dream Cruise

I know there are only a few us in the direct area but was wondering if anyone will be there? Shoot me a PM, I'll probably be in Birmingham most of the day.

In August 1995, Nelson House and a group of volunteers looked to relive and recreate the nostalgic heydays of the 50s and 60s, when youth, music and Motor City steel roamed Woodward Avenue, America’s first highway. That year, 250,000 people participated—nearly ten times the number expected. The rest, as they say, is history.

Today, the Woodward Dream Cruise is the world’s largest one-day automotive event, drawing 1.5 million people and 40,000 classic cars each year from around the globe—from as far away as New Zealand, Australia, Japan and the former Soviet Union. North American cruisers from California, Georgia, Canada and all points in between caravan to Metro Detroit to participate in what has become, for many, an annual rite of summer.

Last edited by slord; 08-19-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:04 AM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
I'd be there with you if I was in town. I grew up going to every Dream Cruise. My father's business is on Woodward near Lincoln in Birmingham. Enjoy - make sure to post some pics.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:13 AM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Blast this on the way down there!

Ted Nugent - Stranglehold - YouTube

Old 08-19-2011, 01:27 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^Hell yes! A guy that works for my dad goes back every year to see it. He grew up in Michigan.

Old 08-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Downpour. So disappointing since yesterday was 83, sunny, and not a single cloud. Taking refuge at bank of america.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Today was disappointing to say the least. Didn't get there until 3/4 and by the time we did it was about to rain. Took a peak at MB of Bloomfield, usually packed with classics, but a lot of the cars had left. Saw plenty of Z06's but nothing that special. It really seemed like a large portion of Dream Cruise goers had packed it up and taken off. First sight of any interest ended up being the only before it started pouring.

Shelby had a display of 4 cobras, this grey one being my favorite and their truck with two more inside. Spent some time around there and checked out the noble M400 as well. First time I have ever seen a noble so that was cool. Started walking down woodward further and nothing too special out. Then it started raining and storming.

Left the SLR home to avoid getting it wet, so enjoy two iPhone pics. Maybe next year

Attached Images   

Last edited by slord; 08-20-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
AxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really nice
Old 08-24-2011, 05:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Saw a lot of cars throughout the week, but only actually went to observe on the day of when it rained. Nice work Axer.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zamochit has a reputation beyond reputeZamochit has a reputation beyond reputeZamochit has a reputation beyond reputeZamochit has a reputation beyond reputeZamochit has a reputation beyond reputeZamochit has a reputation beyond reputeZamochit has a reputation beyond reputeZamochit has a reputation beyond reputeZamochit has a reputation beyond reputeZamochit has a reputation beyond reputeZamochit has a reputation beyond repute
I was out of town and missed it this year. I heard flint had a decent gathering up at Back to the Bricks. No exotics Im sure.