Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

Official or Not? McLaren F2 Renderings Surface

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 09:28 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Official or Not? McLaren F2 Renderings Surface

A group of renderings have surfaced on Slovenian automotive site avtmanija.com of what could be the McLaren F2 – successor to the all conquering Mclaren F1. Of course the jury is still out on this one, so we will leave it to our highly intelligent user base to offer their opinions below.

McLaren are currently developing two new models, first up will come the successor to the Mercedes McLaren SLR – codenamed F11 which is expected to be launched in 2010. We will then see the McLaren F1 successor which is only known by its codename F12 at the moment. McLaren are currently developing a new engine based on the current power unit found in the SLR. Rumours state the cylinder count could be increased from the current V8 to become a V10, power output figure should be in the region of 600bhp – that would be a lower than the current SLR. To counter this, the supercar maker will re-engineer and strip down the model to drop the overall weight to create the ultimate driving machine.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! That would be awesome. I rank the McLaren F1 as the greatest modern supercar. Thanks for this info!!

Old 08-18-2008, 11:21 PM
ss7
Teamspeed Pro
ss7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond repute
.... I hope thats not it.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ss7
Me either! Good find though DJ

Old 08-19-2008, 12:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Russ has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond repute
Excited for an F2, but hope it doesn't end up looking like that (and I don't think it will)

thanks for sharing DJ!

Old 08-19-2008, 05:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ss7
The front-end is hideous! They said it's going to rival the F430 if I'm not mistaken. I'm really interested in how it's going to turn out, McLaren always do a thorough job.

Last edited by Bronto; 08-19-2008 at 05:22 AM. Reason: I can't spell...
Old 08-19-2008, 06:07 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
jonte is on a distinguished roadjonte is on a distinguished roadjonte is on a distinguished roadjonte is on a distinguished roadjonte is on a distinguished roadjonte is on a distinguished roadjonte is on a distinguished road
I really hope its not couse they look like a mazda concept car..:S

Old 08-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
^ You know what this is right? If the F2 looks half as the Furai I'll be happy.

Regarding those renderings: yawn. Plus $100 says those are as real as last week's bigfoot.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
subgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond repute
I doubt this is legit..

Not only does it look like a hot shit, but if you know anything about Murry, you would know that styling of his cars dosent come first. Or second...

Old 08-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
if it is legit its alot more like a road car then the f1 was...

Quick Reply: Official or Not? McLaren F2 Renderings Surface