Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

McLaren P1 vs. the Nürburgring-Nordschleife

Old 02-28-2014, 02:18 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
It was raining at Dunsfold on test day - what would have been the point?

I certainly don't care how quick it might get around the Top Gear track with a (W) next to the time and I haven't seen anyone else (who thinks rationally) that feels differently. Especially to compare it against the 918 which has four contact patches providing traction - both would have been slower than their ultimate capabilities, but the wet track would have skewed whatever the result quite in favor of the Porsche. No owner is going to attempt to drive these cars at 9/10ths or 10/10ths in the rain EVER, so again to raise the nasty rumor/conspiracy flag on this is just lame.

And really, after the Zenvo Power Lap result what hypercar manufacturer would want to give Top Gear their car to test in the rain? The thing got slaughtered.

>8^)
ER

Old 02-28-2014, 02:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Peloton25
It was raining at Dunsfold on test day - what would have been the point?

I certainly don't care how quick it might get around the Top Gear track with a (W) next to the time and I haven't seen anyone else (who thinks rationally) that feels differently. Especially to compare it against the 918 which has four contact patches providing traction - both would have been slower than their ultimate capabilities, but the wet track would have skewed whatever the result quite in favor of the Porsche. No owner is going to attempt to drive these cars at 9/10ths or 10/10ths in the rain EVER, so again to raise the nasty rumor/conspiracy flag on this is just lame.

And really, after the Zenvo Power Lap result what hypercar manufacturer would want to give Top Gear their car to test in the rain? The thing got slaughtered.

>8^)
ER
Thank you for providing the clarification. I haven't seen the Zenvo episode yet. But I agree wholeheartedly agree that "Wet" laps are not what anyone wants to see, AWD or not.

Not sure what has taken place production schedule wise with Top Gear-BBC, but hopefully they would try to reschedule the test for a dry day.