Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

McLaren P1 Supercar Spotted Testing Again

Old 11-29-2012, 01:44 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post McLaren P1 Supercar Spotted Testing Again

Name:  McLaren P1 002 copy.jpg
Views: 7451
Size:  219.4 KB

McLaren P1 Supercar Spotted Testing Again

Well here it is in the flesh, the best shots to date of the production version prototype of the successor to one of the greatest cars ever, the McLaren F1.

The Paris Motor Show this past October showed the world what looked like a ready-to-roll supercar, but the fact is that was simply a design study of the P1 we have caught testing again in the pictures below. Unfortunately we are going to have to wait till 2014 for the actual car to in the first customers and journos hands.

Actual details are extremely scarce, but McLaren boss, Ron Dennis, says "The McLaren P1 will be the result of 50 years of racing and road car heritage. Twenty years ago we raised the supercar performance bar with the McLaren F1 and our goal with the McLaren P1 is to redefine it once again."

The car has taken much tech inspiration from its all-conquering Racing division, and McLaren Automotive MD, Antony Sheriff, says: "Our aim is not necessarily to be the fastest in absolute top speed but to be the quickest and most rewarding series production road car on a circuit. It is the true test of a supercar's all round ability and a much more important technical statement. Our goal is to make the McLaren P1 the most exciting, most capable, most technologically advanced and most dynamically accomplished supercar ever made."

No official word on price, other than the fairly obvious information that it will ‘sit above the 12C and 12C Spider in terms of both price and performance'.

Name:  McLaren P1 004 copy.jpg
Views: 12328
Size:  229.7 KB

Name:  McLaren P1 003 copy.jpg
Views: 10596
Size:  223.8 KB

Name:  McLaren P1 4 copy.jpg
Views: 2900
Size:  222.6 KB

Name:  McLaren P1 3.jpg
Views: 2627
Size:  194.7 KB

Name:  McLaren P1 006 copy.jpg
Views: 3139
Size:  143.7 KB

Old 11-29-2012, 01:57 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Chris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DJ
The car has taken much tech inspiration from its all-conquering Racing division, and McLaren Automotive MD, Antony Sheriff, says: "... Our goal is to make the McLaren P1 the most exciting, most capable, most technologically advanced and most dynamically accomplished supercar ever made."
This sounds miserable to me, yes I used those words. I loved the F1 because it was a raw drivers car. Please tell me there will be an option to turn off all the tech features.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Chris@TheExperience
This sounds miserable to me, yes I used those words. I loved the F1 because it was a raw drivers car. Please tell me there will be an option to turn off all the tech features.

There usually is... Unless you're a US Golf R victim.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know if it's correct to call it "F1 successor", but I'm absolutely in love with this machine and its design. The only thing that can have a "face to face" with it it's the F70, and it isn't something sure. I'm just waiting to see both in action.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Looooooooove it!

Old 11-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I was counting on that 500M in lottery winnings to place my order.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a turbo V8. Nice!

Old 11-30-2012, 09:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
By the way, member "Peloton25" found something interesting:

Name:  XP2_logo.jpg
Views: 2755
Size:  144.9 KB

Old 11-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
This car is going to be insane!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: McLaren P1 Supercar Spotted Testing Again