Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

Coming Soon: The New McLaren MP4-12C Spider

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jaymoney
I have never liked the look of mid engine convertibles with the top up but I think that both the 12C and the 458 spyders look better than the Gallardo and the 430's. Even the Boxster is a little funny looking. It always seems like the canvas is to small, almost like a beanie on a fat guys head.
It baffles me you think this and the 458 look better than 430's and G's

Old 01-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by POWERHOUSE
It baffles me you think this and the 458 look better than 430's and G's
I'm not saying that it is perfect. Front engine cars like the DBS or the SLS/SLR have room to sacrifice in the boot and have IMO better proportionality with the top up than the mid engine cars. The hardtop up look gives the designers the opportunity to continue the lines of the coupe. It has always been a sacrifice to see the look of a canvas top when up on the mid engine cars. They always seem to look too small or awkwardly forward. I do realize that the hard top leads to pitfalls in the down position with the buttresses. Hopefully, this is a step on the way to a better solution for both looks. If it were me, I would have opted for some kind of targa to keep the entire rear section on angle. It would have been better for interior sound and wind.

Last edited by jaymoney; 01-30-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Teamspeed Member
Chris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to all
Really wonderful rendering, incredibly realistic, but I am still liking the looks of this better....

Old 01-30-2012, 03:56 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
imo the MP4 does not make any sense as a spider

to me it`s a focused cold hearted precision weapon

nothing to be driving down the boulevard and enjoying the(british?)flair that my come up

but what am I talking...I`ve only seen it driving,didn`t get to drive it

Old 01-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Former Sponsor
Brett@LamborghiniMiami has a reputation beyond reputeBrett@LamborghiniMiami has a reputation beyond reputeBrett@LamborghiniMiami has a reputation beyond reputeBrett@LamborghiniMiami has a reputation beyond reputeBrett@LamborghiniMiami has a reputation beyond reputeBrett@LamborghiniMiami has a reputation beyond reputeBrett@LamborghiniMiami has a reputation beyond reputeBrett@LamborghiniMiami has a reputation beyond reputeBrett@LamborghiniMiami has a reputation beyond reputeBrett@LamborghiniMiami has a reputation beyond reputeBrett@LamborghiniMiami has a reputation beyond repute
Great renderings fellas!

Old 01-30-2012, 07:48 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Already been mentioned, but this is nothing more than a rip off of the 458 Spider design. Where is the originality? Just because they use the same supplier doesn't mean they can't have a different design.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ECB
imo the MP4 does not make any sense as a spider

to me it`s a focused cold hearted precision weapon

nothing to be driving down the boulevard and enjoying the(british?)flair that my come up

but what am I talking...I`ve only seen it driving,didn`t get to drive it
I get what you are saying. Just keep in mind the people who created this car make the best open air cars in the world. Every F1 car comes with out a top and McLaren has had a bit of success in that arena.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I get what you are saying. Just keep in mind the people who created this car make the best open air cars in the world. Every F1 car comes with out a top and McLaren has had a bit of success in that arena.
Hahaha

F1 cars are indeed convertibles

I prefer the coupé.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Turbogallardo
Don't like it at all, don't like the 458 Spider either. The "buttresses" ruin the look. I think they would have been better off going with a ragtop.
Couldn't agree more. Great renderings though!

Old 01-31-2012, 08:56 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
haha

nice hit - well done

but then again,..do they really make the best convertibles in the world?
The next season will show!

Quick Reply: Coming Soon: The New McLaren MP4-12C Spider