Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

McLaren MP4-12C Spider Coming...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 10:47 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post McLaren MP4-12C Spider Coming...

McLaren MP4-12C Spider

Will the new McLaren Drop it's top?

As rumored back in 2009 around the web, the chatter was that McLaren is planning a retractable hard-top version of the MP4-12C. The mono-tub on the MP4-12C should ensure rigidity regardless of the final design chosen so there will be no likelihood of compromised rigidity. The mechanicals should remain the same as the coupe’s. So you’ll find a 592-bhp twin-turbocharged 3.8-liter V-8 engine perfectly fitted behind the cabin. A 7-speed twin-clutch Seamless Shift Gearbox (SSG) is to be the only transmission offered with shifting controlled via paddles mounted behind the steering wheel.

With Ferrari secretly preparing it's spider variant of the 458 Italia it would be of no surprise to see something leak out of McLaren in the next 6-12 months. But again, this is all just rumors and speculation, or is it? For now lets just enjoy a rendering of a pretty girl driving what we feel the spider would look like.

Until then...

Old 06-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Gosh I wish that car was more original looking.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
i wanna moar before making a final verdict...so far...not that bad

Old 06-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Angelis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Angelis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Angelis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Angelis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Angelis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Angelis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Angelis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Angelis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Angelis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Angelis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Angelis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I like it, although I've yet to see the 458 spider

Old 06-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Not bad. At all. Pretty nice in fact. The car looks good too, but I think I prefer the coupe. So, topless for the girl, but not for the car. That's my vote. ;-)

Old 06-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ogaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Gosh I wish that car was more original looking.
Me too.

I like the overall shape of the car but the optics don't look like a car made in this decade.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Michael Blue is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess I'll chime in and say I love it.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond repute
not the type of car I would want as spyder version. same with the gtr.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Where's H2O!?!?!?!

Old 06-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Good not great

Quick Reply: McLaren MP4-12C Spider Coming...