Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official McLaren F1 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute

Old 09-27-2009, 01:08 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
What's the chassis # of the all black one?
It's #069 Alex. It spent some time in the USA, but hadn't been imported properly and was eventually siezed and the owner was prosecuted. In the end he paid a fine and was forced to export the car.

Fox Valley Motorcars in Illinois had it for sale many years ago.

>8^)
ER

Old 09-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Teamspeed Member
Lussos has much to be proud ofLussos has much to be proud ofLussos has much to be proud ofLussos has much to be proud ofLussos has much to be proud ofLussos has much to be proud ofLussos has much to be proud ofLussos has much to be proud ofLussos has much to be proud ofLussos has much to be proud ofLussos has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
Holy sh*t what a house he has also!!!
Yes it is
https://teamspeed.com/forums/superca...tml#post408649

Old 09-29-2009, 08:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
I will NEVER forget when i got humiliated by a F1 GTR.

I was on my way home from a car meet in stockholm, (at that time i had a tuned M3 e46.) I was cruisin on the empty freeway at about 150km/h when i see something very low and very orange up ahead, at first i thought it was a Gallardo but when i got closer i couldnt believe my eyes..... It was a orange Mclaren F1 GTR!! My jaw dropped to the floor and i started giggling like a little girl. I pulled up beside it and gave the driver thumbs up. He smiled at me (probably because i looked like a 8year old boy at christmas:P) I then went full throttle with my M3, the GTR followed and was right on my tail, When we hit 200km/h that was when he floored it Oh my goood...!! i will never forget that sound. He flew past me like i was standing still, and the car was so loud that i didnt even notice that i was hitting the revlimiter, and my m3 was no silent car with dixis titanium exhaust. I kept my foot down just trying to keep up with it, but it was impossible, When i reached 270km/h he was gone.

After this "race" i did some search and what i could find there is only one person that owns a F1 in sweden and he lives in stockholm. Im just happy that i got to see one on the street, and extra happy that the driver was "trigger happy"

Last edited by Sideways_swe; 09-29-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
^^^Awesome story! I've only seen one and it was at the track. I can only imagine how cool it'd be to see one on the street!

Old 09-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
^^^Awesome story! I've only seen one and it was at the track. I can only imagine how cool it'd be to see one on the street!

Here is a pic of the GTR i raced. The other cars on the pic belongs to the GTR owner to, pretty sick lineup

Last edited by Sideways_swe; 09-29-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ What a collection. Great post. I still have yet to see an F1

Old 09-29-2009, 10:36 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
The orange GTR in your photos is #11R and belonged to Tom Bryant-Meissner and another gentleman at the time your encounter occurred. The same gentlemen have owned a few other McLaren F1s including a longtail GTR #23R which wore the FINA livery, and at least 1 F1 road car which was dark green - chassis #051. Meissner may have also owned chassis #018 at one point when it still wore its original dark blue paint, and I know the unnamed man has been involved in the transactions of a few other F1s over the years.

Now #11R has a new owner in Northern Italy. GTR #23R is in Canada with Lawrence Stroll. F1 road car #051 is at a dealership in Japan (LightAuto1) and chassis #018 has a new owner in New Zealand after receiving some fairly extensive modifications by the McLaren factory at the request of a different owner, which included the fitment of an LM-spec engine.

There was at least one other F1 road car in Sweden which belonged to Claes Wachtmeister. It was silver and was chassis #064. It was last spotted at a S-P-S Automotive in Hong Kong a few years back after leaving Sweden in June 2006.

Here's an on-board video of #11R lapping at the Circuit Paul Ricard and a photo from that day as well:

http://www.blinkx.com/video/mclaren-...Sl3l_rqUsQqVzQ

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 09-29-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:12 PM
McLaren Fanatic
A video with other cars from his collection including the middle three from the display in your first photo can be seen here:

Prestanda superbilar - GARAGET - www.garaget.org

>8^)
ER

Old 09-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Definetly one of the best cars ever produced

Quick Reply: The Official McLaren F1 Thread