Notices
Maserati | Alfa Romeo | General Italian Quattroporte, Gran Turismo, MC12, 4C, Guilia & More Discussion Forum.

Maserati To Offer Diesel Power, Show New Models At Geneva

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 05:31 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
wow that sounds like a lot of miles.
my non-US model MC-stradale comes with the 599 tranny which i always used in race mode and driving it like a bat out of hell. luckily my cars seldom see 10k miles. so 33k miles out of urs is actually super awesome even though they are different trannys.

Originally Posted by U-Boat Commander
I got 33K out of it and I could have easily milked it for another 3-5K. When I told the Ferrari service manager that I had never replaced the clutch they didn't believe me and looked up the service records on the car. They said that the most anyone had gotten before me was 26K. I drive the car probably more aggressively than anyone else and use Sport mode probably 50% of the time. BUT. . . I almost never downshift in city traffic. I almost always shift to neutral. And that has allowed me to save a substantial amount of clutch wear.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by U-Boat Commander
I got 33K out of it and I could have easily milked it for another 3-5K. When I told the Ferrari service manager that I had never replaced the clutch they didn't believe me and looked up the service records on the car. They said that the most anyone had gotten before me was 26K. I drive the car probably more aggressively than anyone else and use Sport mode probably 50% of the time. BUT. . . I almost never downshift in city traffic. I almost always shift to neutral. And that has allowed me to save a substantial amount of clutch wear.
That's fantastic! Certainly the longest I've ever heard of. They definitely wear better when you are harder on them, to the extent it's not meant to be used lightly off/on, that will cause more wear when it's not completely engaged. I'd say all things considered you did really really well.
Originally Posted by johnsgt
my non-US model MC-stradale comes with the 599 tranny which i always used in race mode and driving it like a bat out of hell. luckily my cars seldom see 10k miles. so 33k miles out of urs is actually super awesome even though they are different trannys.
Actually your trans is the same as his with different software as far as I know. It is an awesome gearbox

Old 02-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by johnsgt
As Cstroked mentions, I have the same gearbox since I have the 2009 GTS MC Shift car.