Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

important question .. help needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud of
important question .. help needed

hi guys, i drive a 2011 E92 M3 .. i just installed H&R lowering springs 25mm front 15mm back .. the car looks nice and drives smoothly .. my only concern is that my lights seem to be very high now .. when i drive at night its like my full beam is on although its not . is that normal when u lower a car? and what should i do to make the lights normal again? because obviously drivers in front of my are not happy with my lights

advise needed asap

thank uu

Old 07-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't make sense. I must be missing something here??

Old 07-13-2011, 01:31 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud of
0-60Motorsports was kind enough to guide me he told me i need to re-align the lights as they are set to normal oem height settings .. its a 5 minute job

Old 07-13-2011, 01:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond repute
You must remember something, all modern cars today have the self leveling feature. Your headlights are adaptive Bi-Xenon, which means that when you slam the brakes and the front of your car dips, your lights lift up! And when you accelerate hard and your front end lifts, your lights will dip!

In my opinion, if manual adjustment doesn't work, it may need another module adaptation done.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by BRN9121
You must remember something, all modern cars today have the self leveling feature. Your headlights are adaptive Bi-Xenon, which means that when you slam the brakes and the front of your car dips, your lights lift up! And when you accelerate hard and your front end lifts, your lights will dip!

In my opinion, if manual adjustment doesn't work, it may need another module adaptation done.
i took it to the dealer today they adjusted the light beams and hopefully they got it right if not il just ignore it

thanks for the tip
P.S. what does another module adaption mean and include?

Old 07-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
propr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond repute
point your car at a wall at night with the lights on. Reverse slowly. If the cutoff moves, something isn't working.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
i took the car to the dealer they aligned the light manually and thank god its back to normal now and the Auto leveling is still working .. so al is good thank u for who ever replied to this thread with advise

Old 07-14-2011, 05:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond repute
Good to hear!

PS: Hamad, every system in your car has it's own module ( ECU ) which from time to time needs to be reset, reprogrammed or even updated.

Your car is a series of ECU's feeeding into your main brain (DME).

Old 07-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by BRN9121
Good to hear!

PS: Hamad, every system in your car has it's own module ( ECU ) which from time to time needs to be reset, reprogrammed or even updated.

Your car is a series of ECU's feeeding into your main brain (DME).
thank u for the Info and the tips , il make sure to feed my self with more info. in regards to ECU updates for future events