Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

BMW M2 coupe revealed and confirmed. Super new M3 is also in the pipeline!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 11:47 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post BMW M2 coupe revealed and confirmed. Super new M3 is also in the pipeline!

BMW M2 coupe revealed and confirmed!
Auto Express confirms a few new special BMW's are in the pipeline
Auto Express spoke exclusively to the M Division’s new managing director, Dr Friedrich Nitschke, and he revealed the car was key to his plans. Plus, it’s only the start.

A revolutionary new M3 is also in the pipeline, and there are discussions over a Lamborghini Aventador-rivalling supercar. The ambitious plans will help BMW take the fight to the quattro GmbH performance arm which makes S and RS-badged Audis, plus the R8.

The M2 will be based on the firm’s F21 platform – also set to underpin the 2 Series, due early in 2014 – and has a front-mounted engine driving the rear wheels. One BMW insider has told us the newcomer, a direct descendant of the 1 Series Coupe, will be instantly recognizable from the entry-level car with its bold look.

Our source also explained that BMW will not copy Audi’s “sausage factory” approach to design. This means the racy new 2 Series will get unique front 
and rear end styling, as our exclusive images reveal.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
That is a pretty sweet looking Bimmer! thanks DJ

Old 07-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to all
looks like this to me...

i don't really like it....

Old 07-06-2011, 12:19 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
i like, any news on the upcoming "revolutionary" M3?

Old 07-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm. So they just made the 1 series M, which receives acclaim because it is light and small- a throw back to the e30 m3. Now they are making an m2, logically bigger and more expensive. This means the m3 will get bigger and more expensive. Geez - not looking forward to an $80k+ m3 without options.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:06 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
It's going to be interesting to see how BMW develops its future model line-up with chassis architecture and parts sharing. I'm excited to see these models make it to production. I hope to be able to get the M2 Coupe as my next car.

Even more exciting from the article:

...there are discussions over a Lamborghini Aventador-rivalling supercar. The ambitious plans will help BMW take the fight to the quattro GmbH performance arm which makes S and RS-badged Audis, plus the R8.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Pinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gabriel.dufresne
looks like this to me...

*charger*

i don't really like it....
Same. Not a fan, the front is way too "60's/70's muscle car," which I don't really care for as it's not something BMW made back then.

Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Hmm. So they just made the 1 series M, which receives acclaim because it is light and small- a throw back to the e30 m3. Now they are making an m2, logically bigger and more expensive. This means the m3 will get bigger and more expensive. Geez - not looking forward to an $80k+ m3 without options.
Agreed. I just want to see the 1M developed even further, I know it is sacrilegious for a BMW fan to say, but I could care less about the M3 or the rest of the lineup after seeing the 1M. I've never liked large cars, and seeing the M3 get bigger and bigger is just disheartening.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
thats not the most attractive car is it now

Old 07-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Teamspeed Member
Spadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the rough
Looks okay-ish from the rear three quarter. Looks absolutely ******** hideous from the front.

However, I suspect this is yet another AutoExpress flight of fancy - they print these mocked up images time after time to try and sell the mag and they never get it right.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Sean is an unknown quantity at this point
That is one very interesting design! Looking forward to see how the production car looks like

Quick Reply: BMW M2 coupe revealed and confirmed. Super new M3 is also in the pipeline!