Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Official: BMW M3 GTS

Old 11-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Official: BMW M3 GTS

Thousands of BMW M fans worldwide have been waiting for the BMW M3 GTS. It's a pure high performance car. Optimized for race tracks, but street-legal. See all the new details at http://www.m-power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7G6K-i4soQ

Last edited by DJ; 11-04-2009 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Links didnt work
Old 11-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, its 4.4L and the exhaust tips look like Akrapovic. Seriously $170k?? That's got to be near 7.2 RS money, and if it comes down to those two I wouldn't even consider the bimmer.

Factoids:

• The price of the BMW M3 GTS with the features shown is expected to be EUR 115,000.- for delivery in Germany, including 19% VAT.
  • The first vehicles are due to be supplied in May 2010.
  • The first vehicles to be produced will be those for individual registration in Germany
  • Registrations in other countries will be possible from summer 2010
  • 450 BHP (4.4l V8)
  • 1490 kg (3278 lbs)
  • 6 / 4 piston brake system
  • 6 point harness
  • 255 35 19 F
  • 285 30 19 R
  • Rollbar behind the front seats ( only 2 seats )
  • Front splitter and Spoiler ( adjustable )
  • Fire hydrant
  • Racing combo with helmet

More info:
NEW BMW M3 GTS -- Official photos and video - M3 Forum 2010 2009 BMW M3 2008 BMW M3 BMW E90 M3 E92

Seriously $170k?? That's got to be near 7.2 RS money, and if it comes down to those two I wouldn't even consider the bimmer.

Last edited by "The JC"; 11-04-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:39 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
I must get one........I`ll wait until it took the first big depreciation hit after the first 12 to 24 months and then......booya...a BMW GT3 for meeeeee
there`s no way around it...
except buying a 997 GT3

Old 11-04-2009, 01:40 PM
TS Detail Sponsor | Illinois
Mike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud of
I want to see that thing on the track. Looks great and i wonder how it's going to perform.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:51 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I'd rather get a normal one and modify it myself, more fun and will make it 1000 better looking.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^+1, i don't see anything extraordinary done to the car that a skilled shop can't come up with. At least with the CSL it took years for tuners to copy some of the mods(CF roof, airbox, etc)

Old 11-04-2009, 02:00 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I'd rather get a normal one and modify it myself, more fun and will make it 1000 better looking.
noooooo no no..

you can get a track ready car directly from BMW with factory warranty!!!

so you can (ab)use it at the track and if something fails...yeeaha...off I am to the next dealer and don`t have to worry about my mods voiding any warranties on for example the engine,suspension..wheels..brakes...whatever

that`s great!

and I`m sure you can choose other exterior colours too

Old 11-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I'd like some more info on the 4.4l engine. I wan't surprised by any of the other goodies, but the increased size of the engine completely blindsided me.

EDIT: Three posts on the first page of this thread, I need to take a break for a while as I got a little excited.

Last edited by "The JC"; 11-04-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:09 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Interview with Dr. Kay Segler

Just half a year has passed since he took up his position as CEO in May 2009, and the BMW X5 M and BMW X6 M have been launched as new models during this period. So it’s time to ask Dr. Kay Segler where BMW M is heading.

MPW: Dr. Segler, BMW X5 M and BMW X6 M deviate from a number of dogmas. Turbo, all-wheel drive, automatic transmission - is this the new M?

Segler: We have to be free of dogmas, I ask this of every staff member. It has always been a strength of M to question everything in a positive way.

MPW: Does that mean BMW M will be taking leave of longstanding beliefs?

Segler: Cars are created differently now. We clearly define our goals, derive the product properties from these and then decide which technology appears to be the best suited to the purpose.

MPW: Nonetheless, there are lots of customers who are very attached to tradition. What do you have to say to these fans?

Segler: I will say that they will continue to get fascinating products from BMW M. And I am sure that this applies more than ever before. We don’t just listen to our customers: we also act on what they say.

MPW: What does that mean in practical terms?

Segler: The BMW M3 GTS which we are currently preparing in our BMW M production workshop is a response to frequently expressed customer wishes. This M3 is even hotter: lower weight, more power - including an increase in capacity - and lots of technical details which were only previously available on the tuning market, if at all. Complex and highly individual offers are available ex works.

MPW: What other features does the BMW M3 GTS offer?

Segler: We have a chassis which can be adjusted in compression and rebound, the car is fitted with a fixed caliper brake with six pistons at the front and four at the rear, and the rear silencer is made of titanium. The aerodynamics can be adjusted at the front and rear. We provide 6-point seatbelts for the racing bucket seats, a bolted roll-over protection structure is installed as is a fire extinguisher.

MPW: A nice package which ought to have a broad appeal.

Segler: Yes, I strongly believe it will. If there is a detail here or there which is not to somebody’s liking, that’s not the end of the world. What we are presenting is a standard configuration. If necessary, we are flexible enough to respond to specific requests, too. After all, these vehicles are built in the BMW M production workshops - where we built the M3 GT4, too.

MPW: Was that what sparked off the idea for the M3 GTS?

Segler: Partly, yes. We’ve known about fans who would like more for a long time now. There are some who would like a model which is even closer to motor racing. They want to drive the car to the race track, take part in a race and then drive home again - theoretically that is possible with the BMW M3 GTS. That’s the classic club sports idea, if you like. But collectors will also be interested in this fascinating automobile.

MPW: This brings us to an important point. What is the price and how can I order the M3 GTS?

Segler: The price for the standard configuration is 115,000 euros in Germany. Deliveries will begin next spring.

MPW: What else can we expect from BMW M in the near future?

Segler: Our leitmotif is: “Automobile dreams come true”. The M3 GTS sends out a clear signal here. The X5 M and X6 M have just gone out to dealerships and round off the top of our product range. But what I would most like to see is for BMW M to stay a young brand within people’s reach. This is why a product below the BMW M3 more important to me than a super sports car which is only accessible to a few. As I have already mentioned in other interviews, we are currently looking closely at the options in this area. I hope to be able to tell you more the next time we speak.

MPW: Dr. Segler, thank you very much for the interview.

Source -
https://www.m-power.com/_open/b/edit...d=2021&lang=en

Old 11-04-2009, 02:12 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Cleaned up the thread for you guys, thanks for breaking the info, appreicate it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official: BMW M3 GTS