Notices
Luxury Cruisers and Performance Yachts Sea Ray, Sunseeker, Riva, Chris-Craft, Formula, Wally Boats, Magnum Marine & More Discussion Forum.

Van Dutch SEA TRIAL. Went out today.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 04:46 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dutchnick
Great pics and review! I've also been on this boat in person.
It's great for warmer climates, but this boat just doesn't work in the Netherlands itself. The bimini cover is the only thing separating you from the elements. In a place where it rains 3/4 of the year, that's a big no no.

Nonetheless, it's a boat with great build quality as you would expect from Dutch boat builder's.
Big fan of Oceano yachts.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I was in Portofino this summer, saw a large Oceano yacht that had two Wally tenders that brought crew to the port(too small) for dinner, was amazing.
Nice! I need to get back over there soon!

Great pics and review! I've also been on this boat in person.
It's great for warmer climates, but this boat just doesn't work in the Netherlands itself. The bimini cover is the only thing separating you from the elements. In a place where it rains 3/4 of the year, that's a big no no.

Nonetheless, it's a boat with great build quality as you would expect from Dutch boat builder's.
Thanks. Good thing I live in FL .

The Dutch do make great boats. Many yards come to mind including Feadship.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond repute
Oceanco's shipyard is about 10km from my student crib. Sucks that the place is a highly secured facility, so there's no way of admiring the boats from up close. I love their designs!

Last November Steven Spielberg's yacht, the Seven Seas, passed by for sea trials and documentation on international open waters about 30km out to sea. Sucks that I missed out.

Here's the Seven Seas with my home somewhere in the background. Her design has striking similarities to Alfa Nero.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:55 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
The only ship yards I've visited are San Lorenzo and Riva.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:55 PM
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zorro
I love the unimpressed older guy in a suit.
LOL that's my father. He got on a plane right after the sea trial.

Oceanco's shipyard is about 10km from my student crib. Sucks that the place is a highly secured facility, so there's no way of admiring the boats from up close. I love their designs!

Last November Steven Spielberg's yacht, the Seven Seas, passed by for sea trials and documentation on international open waters about 30km out to sea. Sucks that I missed out.

Here's the Seven Seas with my home somewhere in the background. Her design has striking similarities to Alfa Nero.

I love that yacht. Oceanco has been putting out some real stunners.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:49 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome man, thank you!

Old 02-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Both of those are great. I'm a huge fan of the work done by Wally, buy I like the openers of the Van Dutch more.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Teamspeed Member
Craddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond repute
More pics of mother?

Nice looking boat though.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by Craddosk
More pics of mother?

Nice looking boat though.
Hmmm... Kind of inappropriate as it is my mother.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:53 AM
jim
Teamspeed Senior Member
jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!jim You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Great pics and write-up. . .thanks for sharing, Hernando.

What price are they asking for a similarly equipped model?

Quick Reply: Van Dutch SEA TRIAL. Went out today.