Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

TSM Announcement - Exclusive GT-R Piston | Rod Combo

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 11:22 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
CicioTSM is an unknown quantity at this point
TSM Announcement - Exclusive GT-R Piston | Rod Combo

For Immediate Release:

TSM is very very proud to announce the release of our exclusive Nissan GT-R piston and rod combination. As many of you know we have been building VR38DETT engines for years now and frankly have tried about every combination of rotating assembly available on the market today.

Most all of those options on the market work just fine honestly. From CP, Carillo, Manley, JE, etc, they all make a good product that works in the GT-R assembly well. However the more and more we push these cars I decided to branch out and build something a little different than is currently available in the “tuner” market.

Many of you don’t know this but my background is pretty much all in muscle cars growing up. When I was young my father was all about some good old American muscle from drag racing to dirt track racing. That said for this project I turned to some of the manufactures a little more known in that realm to put their expertise to work.

I sat down with the owners of Diamond Pistons and Callies Rods about a year ago in order to put together a game plan for the ultimate TSM exclusive piston/rod combo for the VR38DETT engine. These two companies being some of the top in the industry I shared with them my goals of unparalleled strength, lightweight design able to withstand 2000+whp! I basically told them to throw the kitchen sink at developing a top level product that I was proud to put my name on…… and that is what they did!

Now, don’t think for a minute that we had these built and are now shoving them down the consumers throat (that’s you) without heavy testing. As most of you know that is not the way I run my company. We have been flogging the hell out of these pistons and rods for over 6 months now. I have put them through torture tests in my personal GT-R then pulled the engine and sized up the damage. The pistons have been through 2 revisions to make them exactly perfect the way both Diamond and I wanted after lots of testing. We are running them in everything from a 800-1000whp Pro Eight style builds to our 4.0ltr sleeved engines all the way up to currently 3 different 1600+ WHP Alpha16 4.4ltr engines.

So whether you are looking for a TSM built engine with a full warranty utilizing these awesome internals or you want to purchase them individually give us a call or send me a PM. Thanks as always for taking the time to read through the developments of TSM.

I’m also happy to offer the pistons or rods separately as well, however if you are purchasing the rods only you will need to let us know what pistons you are running so we can pre-pin fit the rods for you.

Below are all the specific details and pictures about each:

***Wholesale inquiries also welcome to @ cicio@topspeedtuned.com

Piston Info:

* Developed & manufactured from 2618 Billet material
* Total Seal 1.2mm x 1.5mm x 3.0mm Stainless AP Ring Set
* Moly skirt coating for cold start protection
* Heavy Wall .205W H-13 wrist pins Included
* Ultra flat ring grooves for maximum ring seal
* Engineered to withstand boost levels over 40 psi

Rod Info:

Material: Timken 4330
ARP 260Ksi tensile Bolts
Weight ~710-715grams
Length : 6.500
Housing Bore: 2.323
Pin: .905
Bolt Spotface Gussets
100% Thread Engagement

Ultra connecting rods are made entirely in the U.S.A. Every Ultra connecting rod is produced from specially formulated Timken 4330V steel. This material is then precision forged in Michigan and fully machined in our Fostoria, Ohio facility. Many geometric nuances have been incorporated into the design of Ultra connecting rods. These design features enhance the Ultra against specific loads and stresses which are applied to connecting rods subjected to high load, high RPM applications. Ultra connecting rods are fastened by high alloy cap screws made specifically for severe duty service by ARP Inc. Produced with rolled threads, these unique bolts offer improved thread engagement for a smoother more consistent net clamping load. To eliminate deformation and extrusion only AMS 642 bronze alloy is used within the wrist pin housing bore.

Our rods have made numerous appearances in many famous high horsepower engines, such as The Ohio Boys LS Engines, Mark Carlyles LS Engines (making an estimated 2700+ HP), Tom Kempfs LS, and many other record holders. Ultra rods were designed for some of the most punishing applications.

Name:  GTRHeadsPIstons-15_zps3e9afb6d.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  809.2 KB

Name:  GTRHeadsPIstons-22_zps6ecc668d.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  441.8 KB

Name:  GTRHeadsPIstons-17_zps1f36787b.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  1.55 MB

Name:  GTRHeadsPIstons-13_zpsfc9ac441.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  1.04 MB