Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

GTspirit drives Lexus LFA Nurburgring Edition Supercar Drive at Goodwood 2011

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 05:57 AM
MR.
Teamspeed Member
MR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to all

It’s about 13:30 on Friday and I’m standing with my colleague, a GTSpirit.com editor, half way up the famous Goodwood Festival of Speed hill climb, photographing the Le Mans racers as they scream by. During one of the quiet moments his phone rings and he starts talking Dutch (must be one of his friends I figured).

I was wrong, it was the PR guy from Lexus Europe and there was a slot available during tomorrow afternoons supercar run in the Lexus LFA Nürburgring Edition. Did we want it? He turns to me and asks if I’d like to drive the LFA. Well, yeah of course I would if given the chance. Fifteen minutes later we are down at the Toyota/Lexus stand where we meet up with the PR guy and they start talking Dutch again, although I pick up a few important words such as camera. The slot is for 1pm and it’s to drive the car up the hill. Wow, they are serious here; it’s a drive up the famous hill during the Goodwood Festival of Speed 2011 on Saturday afternoon. Not a passenger ride, but a drive. In front of thousands of people. And MR has to be back in the Netherlands tomorrow afternoon so that puts me in the driving seat. Literally.

After climbing over the roll cage I was sitting in the driving seat being given a briefing of the controls by the official LFA driver. Immediate thoughts are what a great dial the car has and tactile steering wheel. I’m sitting quite low in the bucket seats but they are surprisingly snug and comfortable. Then I get given the key. A turn of it, flip of the paddle shifts and a press of the start button and the V10 springs to life. A refined burble comes for the three exhaust pipes as the car idles and the crowd mills around expectantly, waiting for something to happen. A short press of the right foot and the rev counter swings up past the 4,500 mark. A couple of presses in quick succession and it hits about 7,000 and everyone is happy. And then it’s over, I hand the keys back, clamber out and realisation starts to sink in that in less than 24 hours I will have driven this very car at FOS.

Read the complete story right here: Lexus LFA Nurburgring Edition Supercar Drive at Goodwood 2011

YouTube - ‪Lexus LFA Nurburgring Edition Festival of Speed 2011 Goodwood Hill Climb‬‏

Old 07-13-2011, 07:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome! I'm looking forward to reading the whole article a little later.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
nthusiastt has a spectacular aura aboutnthusiastt has a spectacular aura aboutnthusiastt has a spectacular aura aboutnthusiastt has a spectacular aura aboutnthusiastt has a spectacular aura aboutnthusiastt has a spectacular aura aboutnthusiastt has a spectacular aura aboutnthusiastt has a spectacular aura aboutnthusiastt has a spectacular aura aboutnthusiastt has a spectacular aura aboutnthusiastt has a spectacular aura about
music!!

Old 07-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds good