Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i want to replace my 2015 GT3 , need your advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 11:15 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
pelo911 is an unknown quantity at this point
i want to replace my 2015 GT3 , need your advice

Hi

i feel i need more power

i thought about GT3RS , but it's look like impossible to get one
dealers getting only few and asking over $40K above MSRP.
and even if i will find one , the MSRP with the option i want , around $195K

GT2 , there is no any news , local dealer told me Porsche will skip this model.

that's make me thinking about other brands other them Porsche
i dreamed all my like to have a Porsche , but maybe i can enjoy other cars.

i love cars that scared me sometimes but also that i have confidence to push them more and more , i like the thrilling
steering wheel "feel" "weight" and balance.
Handling

Ariel Atom - i guess i will love those kind of cars because of the "feel" , low weight , very direct and pure driving experience , but i also want AC and Air bags , so maybe in the future.

the best car i ever took for a spin was the Carrera GT
what an amazing machine. (it was in 2009)

second car was Ferrari 458 (not speciale)

recently i drove also the Lambo Huracan , amazing engine - but over my budget.
i think it's much better car then the Aventador (i drove it on track and i hate it)
and better then the gallardo (i don't like the single clutch in the Gallardo , i wil not but this car)

so for the price of the new GT3RS
i can buy second hand 458 with very low miles.
Highs:
1. more power and screaming V8
2. look much better
3. mid engine
3. sharp and nimble

lows:
1. not brand new car
2. i don't know ownership cost of Ferrari vs Porsche
right now i'm paying to State farm around $350 , and since my car new there is no maintenance at all for the next year.

you guys have much more experience then me
what do you think?

i think also McLaren 12C also around this price.
with Twin Turbo engine can get 700HP easily.

Thanks

Old 03-16-2015, 08:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
or keep your gt3 and wait for .2 gt3's maybe even with a manual

Old 03-18-2015, 02:25 PM
CH.
Teamspeed Senior Member
CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
The GT3 is not about absolute power. I'd say wait for a few months to get to know the car better. It's all about the handling with the GT3.

Since you loved driving the Carrera GT and hate the Aventador, I don't think it's all about the power. You appreciate a good handling car which feels nimble... With 500HP I don't think the GT3 is a slow car.

The 458 is a lovely piece of kit, with a proper screaming V8. I think this is the perfect car for you. Very fast and very nimble, but I would do a proper research on running costs and real life ownership.

Other options are the Porsche 991 Turbo S, which you can tune for more power if necessary or as you said the McLaren MP4 which is a more exotic choice comparing to the TTS.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck with your search!!

Old 03-19-2015, 12:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Rob99 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Not many options, only idea 458 Italia - similar track speed.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:28 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
pelo911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Rob99
Not many options, only idea 458 Italia - similar track speed.
someone know the cost of ownership compare to the GT3

Old 03-20-2015, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
someone is an unknown quantity at this point
f12?

Old 04-23-2015, 09:41 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
kfmcmahon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by someone
f12?
^^he said Huracan was out of his price range, so....probably not

Old 04-24-2015, 10:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
My experience with ferraris is that you will spend about 1500/year on maintenance averaged out. The Scud will be the most raw driving experience for you, comparable to the Carrera GT (maybe). The 458 is a much more cushy drive than a Scud but still very thrilling. I would say a Scud to a 458 is like a GT2 to a regular 911 TT.
Now I have a 12C, they are so much faster than anything else I have driven. The car also feels smaller behind the wheel than all competitors. The handling and acceleration on a track is mind blowing and I have driven all the cars on a track you've mentioned and more.
Don't know what you should get but just giving you my experience.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:29 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
gray911 is a name known to allgray911 is a name known to allgray911 is a name known to allgray911 is a name known to allgray911 is a name known to allgray911 is a name known to allgray911 is a name known to allgray911 is a name known to allgray911 is a name known to allgray911 is a name known to allgray911 is a name known to all
How bout an Audi R8 V10 plus? They have heavily discounted brand new 2014's sitting in dealers lots. It's a steal if you can find one.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:56 PM
oli
Teamspeed Rookie
oli is an unknown quantity at this point
I would prefer the Audi with I think would be very low maintenance costs, compared to Ferrari, Lambo and Porsche. At least, in the beginning I would think maintenance costs should not be an issue. I have been thinking about this very question and am leaning toward a Ford GT - has the exotic looks and since its domestic parts should not be too difficult to get and even do it your self.
You may get tired of whatever you decided on before any major costs come up.