Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

18" track wheels to clear 380mm brakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 11:08 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
RedRSA is an unknown quantity at this point
18" track wheels to clear 380mm brakes

Cross post from Rennlist and 6Speed GT3 forums; sorry, but I need answers! :-)

I have a 2010 GT3 that I have converted to 5-lug hubs. I ordered two sets of track wheels in January and they do not fit, dammit! (still fighting with company at this point, will reveal when appropriate) The fronts were too wide (their 9" wheel actually measures 9 1/4"), and the inner diameter of the inner barrel contacts the caliper. Scraped the paint off the calipers in two places when test fitting. Recall that in the 997.2 the steel rotors and calipers are the same 380mm size as all 997 PCCB's.

It appears that mono block wheels provide the possibility of more room. Candidates include:

(1) CCW C10: least expensive, quicker to get, responsive customer support; butt fugly, heavy, tires tend rotate on them, and weights don't stick well.

(2) BBS Model?: expensive, have a few in stock, but may take long to get the others, painted not anodized.

(3) Forgeline GA1R: expensive, look difficult to keep clean, painted not anodized, take four+ weeks to make.

Interested in input and recommendations based on experience using any of these, thank you.

Blasted wheels; the one thing I took for granted that they would fit; now it is costing me track time and I am missing events...

Last edited by RedRSA; 03-13-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:42 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
I have OZ Challenge wheels that will fit over the calipers. They would be in sizing 18 x 8.5" in front and 12" rear. The sizing works fine on the car. It's a great wheel and very track-proven. Please call me direct if I can help. Thanks.