Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 gt3

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 09:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
991 gt3

Porsche has halted production due to engine issues. Any of you current owners happy about that? They delayed the beginning of production due to engine issues. Welcome to VW land. I have mixed emotions on the direction of the GT3. And you can't track it. Sound off.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTCole
Porsche has halted production due to engine issues. Any of you current owners happy about that? They delayed the beginning of production due to engine issues. Welcome to VW land. I have mixed emotions on the direction of the GT3. And you can't track it. Sound off.
Can't track it? Like it voids the warranty can't track it? The gt3 is designed he the track!!!! What BS

Old 02-12-2014, 10:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't the new 991 RSR use the new engine as well? Obviously with some different internal components.....

Old 02-13-2014, 01:58 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Nikolas is an unknown quantity at this point
Do some research before you post. There is a stop right now due to a QC issue on a particular part. It is limited in production range and will be resolved......obviously.

No, Porsche does not void the warranty on the GT 3 for tracking. In fact, the manual has specific maintenance schedules for track use to maintain the warranty.

On a brighter note, check this out:

Old 02-13-2014, 02:40 AM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ADV.1 Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Whew. Thanks for the reassurance. I was about to seriously start questioning Porsche

Old 02-13-2014, 04:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Continue to question them.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
i dont like the sound of this.. more than 60 % of gt3 owners will track it, dunno what porsche is/was thinking.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:42 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
alpine is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Dyna
i dont like the sound of this.. more than 60 % of gt3 owners will track it, dunno what porsche is/was thinking.
I'm confused. Are you saying that Porsche shouldn't be allowing GT3 owners to track their cars? Or that owners who track their GT3s shouldn't have to follow special maintenance procedures?

Old 02-13-2014, 07:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GTCole
Continue to question them.
Couldnt agree more..a few points for "food for thought"

- second time 991 GT3 has issues..
- why only the 991 GT3 and not a panamera..?oor any other Porsche?.
- what do these videos by CH show on the long term abilities of this car? Nothing..if his one breaks down Porsche will supply him with another one - and he will say nothing about it; will be the same for most other manufactures..
- most 991 GT3 havent been track yet..in Europe its winter season + in many other areas as well
- if this car will deliver..probably we can only know that in one year..
- in the mean time I would encourage ervyerbody to track this car so that we can take in 1-3 years a solid conclusion here
- I didnt order one - and if I look a the situation now - was the best decision..

and my advice to you GTCole is: just wait another year..cancel your oder now..or delay it..if possible..or maybe even better, change it to an RS order..probably by then the mistakes have been corrected

Old 02-13-2014, 08:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Another worry: You aren't allowed to use slicks or the suspension will fail. I'm not looking at the manual, but does that include Hoosiers? So many people use those tires for tracking and they are damn close to slicks depending on the driver. Like 22 post Nikolas I'm sure. I'm not saying the car is junk. I just think what we got was a cool street car that was built to make more money because that's the VW way. A ton has happened in the last 5 years or so and we are now getting the outcome. It's possible in the future I could be proven wrong. I hope that happens. But it isn't looking like that today. Why do they still race the GT1 block?