Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great news for all 918 fans! [BLOWN AWAY AT WEISSACH!]

Old 03-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
it should have at least 918hp to begin with, since Porsche is so obsessed with the number nine eighteen on this car.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond repute
they slap some turbos on this v8 and they will compete.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Very interesting read. He's very right in saying everybody thinks Porsche is out of the game on the P1 and LaFerrari, but it seems now that they know their competition they are letting it all loose.

Originally Posted by 20C4S
it should have at least 918hp to begin with, since Porsche is so obsessed with the number nine eighteen on this car.
Yeah, some pretty cheesy marketing on a million dollar car. More Mustang than Porsche!

Old 03-29-2013, 07:01 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TrackandTuner is an unknown quantity at this point
Seen this car on the Nordschleife, and as much as it will be a technical show piece, I wonder if it can compete with the icon the carrera GT.

That being said, it is a new time and new technical innovations in this car will be up there with ferrari and Mclaren, no doubt in Porsche.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
I was told it would be produced in 2014. I could have misunderstood and they meant it was a 2014 and maybe production a little sooner. But I didn't get that impression. I am positive they said that production will stop in December of 2014 and deliveries are done. Whether they sell 918 or 400. It's done. Or at least they are saying that now.

Porsche is very high on this car. They think that the P1 and new Ferrari are not even in the same league. Especially performance wise. Porsche is good at sandbagging.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
orion8dgt is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by GTCole
I am considering the car under a few circumstances. I won't talk about some info, but I have asked for a one off production car. Others have asked for many custom options. Apparently Porsche is custom building the cars to everyone's needs. I'm not really a street car person, so my needs and requests are different.
I am a newcomer in this forum, so I would appreciate if you could tell me when you say 'custom building' would it be possible for a hard top version (like rsr's), or with cameras instead of mirrors ?
thanks

Old 03-29-2013, 03:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by orion8dgt
I am a newcomer in this forum, so I would appreciate if you could tell me when you say 'custom building' would it be possible for a hard top version (like rsr's), or with cameras instead of mirrors ?
thanks
Nope. They can't modify the tub for stuff like that.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
orion8dgt is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by GTCole
Nope. They can't modify the tub for stuff like that.
thanks for answering

Old 03-30-2013, 11:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by TrackandTuner
Seen this car on the Nordschleife, and as much as it will be a technical show piece, I wonder if it can compete with the icon the carrera GT.

That being said, it is a new time and new technical innovations in this car will be up there with ferrari and Mclaren, no doubt in Porsche.
At present, the car has only run a little and tested some on the Ring. There has been NO official time nor have they attempted a time. But, Porsche has said this car will be the fastest car at the Ring hands down. The speed it takes turns and how it accelerates out of turns is mind boggling. Over 500 ft. lbs. of torque available.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
At that price you should be able to get any color whale penis leather color you like, as well as add / delete any option or parts offered or removed for racing the car :-)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Great news for all 918 fans! [BLOWN AWAY AT WEISSACH!]