Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche GT1 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Alzilla
It's completely possible that I could be off by a bit. Either way, as far as street-drivable LeMans heroes go, the McLaren still trumps the Porsche GT1 by a long shot, imo.
Agreed. Mecca would be my first choice the Porsche second and third the clk gtr.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I have never seen a F1 for anything around 2m. The cheapest sale I'd heard of was the guy or affiliate of Turner Motorsports who bought the silver car for 3.2m if I remember right. WHERE THE HELL IS PELOTON TO SHED SOME LIGHT?!

Old 07-31-2012, 12:57 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Wait - what are the questions?

Generally speaking, you would struggle to buy an F1 road car these days for a lot less than $4M based on what I am hearing from people in the business. If you did find one for much less the condition would likely be questionable or the spec not suitable to the average person's tastes. Also, rumor has it that one US road car recently sold for somewhere in the realm of $5M which is a bit surprising, but that is definitely the direction prices are headed.

There's a road car in Japan right now with roughly 300kms on the odometer that has an asking price of $5.5M - this car has been perpetually for sale with an ever increasing price since ~2007 though. I know people have tried to buy it but a deal has never been done. Seller may be a bit stubborn, but in all that time waiting prices have more than doubled so not a bad plan.

GTRs are a bit tough - keep in mind there are 3 versions - '95-spec, '96-spec and '97 spec longtails. The longtails can not be converted for street use so that limits their appeal. We will get a better idea of what they are worth in a couple of weeks when Bonhams auctions #28R in Monterey, but again each of these cars has a unique history and so even though they only made 10, you'll have some that are worth more than others due to condition, race history (ie: finish results, Le Mans participation, drivers, etc) and whether they include any spares. The one Bonhams has is not what I'd call the cream of the crop, but it is the very last GTR produced which will help, and it wears the iconic Gulf livery - another plus.

Most of the short tail GTRs have already been converted for street use, but its been quite a while since any prices have crossed my desk. The most recent semi-public sale of one would have been GTR #16R back in 2009. Some may recall the EVO article on this where while being brokered by DK Engineering the asking price was reduced from £2M down to £1.6M. Shortly thereafter the car was sold through another broker in the UK, probably for a figure near that amount.

There have been a couple of other GTRs to change hands in the interim but prices on those have remained a mystery. At least one of them had already had the road conversion work done but had been kept in storage since almost 1999 so could have required a hefty bill to bring it back to a drivable state. Cars don't like to sit even in the best conditions and things deteriorate over time.

If you take anything from this - understand that there's no Kelley Blue Book for supercar pricing, especially in the rare cases when racing provenance is involved. Split hairs over it when you have enough scratch for it to matter.

>8^)
ER

Old 07-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I love the argument over which ridiculously rare car is a better buy or which we would rather have like comparing the E class to a 5 series. In reality, the guy with the 2.2 for a car like this could probably pick up the F1 for 4-5M at the same time. Oh, and he already has a Veyron and a clothing company or a lousy late night TV show or a sit-com in syndication or middle-east dictatorship.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:51 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
This thread is soooooooo Ironic

Old 07-31-2012, 10:04 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
TS group buy?

Old 08-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
I noticed there wasn't an OBO after the price. Damn.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Quick someone tell Moe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-01-2012, 03:22 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
He already has the better version of the 911 GT1.

I think he should add the Bentley Speed 8 that RM is auctioning to his garage. Would be great to see that screaming around the BIC!

>8^)
ER

Old 08-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Alzilla
It's completely possible that I could be off by a bit. Either way, as far as street-drivable LeMans heroes go, the McLaren still trumps the Porsche GT1 by a long shot, imo.
No worries buddy. you are only short by 1mil

Quick Reply: Porsche GT1 for sale