Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manteinance cost for a CARRERA GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GetLiquidNow
Eh, I don't think it's one of those "If you have to ask..." questions.

Fact is, while there are plenty of people out there who have the money to afford the car and its maintenance, some don't want to put up with the hassle and the constant dishing out money when they could use it on other options and still have a good driving experience.
+1

Doesnt matter if i have 100Mil in the bank, i want to know where my $25K is going.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
A430v iss the closest. Although there were 10 responses before I typed this

Clutches are $16-22k depending on who does it and if it's done right. They shouldn't go out to fast
UNLESS YOU LONE IT TO ALZILLA
There is a Rennlister who has 30k track miles on his same clutch from new. Mine was 90% with 2k miles on it when I bought it. I don't know where it is now at 7k miles.

4 year service should be 6k-8k depending on who does it. I would recommend only someone that knows what they are doing. The CGT's take a completely different set of tools to work on. Including as someone mentioned the hoisting alone takes time unless you are geared to do it.

Tires every 4 years is a given if not driven a lot and using Z rated tires with the possibility of 150mph plus bursts

Fluid change I will do every two years I believe. The synthetics used are great.

Windshields if broken I've heard are $8k but I've not priced them just know a guy that replaced his.

Windshield Wiper cost me $180 bucks.

Other than that Gas and Insurance and Cost of the car.

btw- the rest of those prices do not seem too crazy given that the car is $400k+ Clutch is the toughest to swallow, but the since it has a unique carbon clutch (I don't really even know what that means) that seems legit.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:59 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GetLiquidNow
Eh, I don't think it's one of those "If you have to ask..." questions.

Fact is, while there are plenty of people out there who have the money to afford the car and its maintenance, some don't want to put up with the hassle and the constant dishing out money when they could use it on other options and still have a good driving experience.
Didn't see this post and I couldn't agree more. Nothing chaps my hide more than stupid expenses that are Large because of the car worth and nothing else.

I couldn't imagine owning a Bugatti and having someone tell me $40k for new tires sir....fawk me NO WAY and NO HOW.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:07 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GiuseS2k
Thanks so much guys for sharing your experience!!

Another questions, I heard that the first cars had some problems, do you know more about it? what sort of problems does they have?
so you're goin from an S2000 to a CGT huh? well, at least the torque difference shouldn't be a problem.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
i concur.

and US$14K on a new clutch, $10K on a new windshield are among the higher costs for this car.

Although the p-zeros on this car are old tech and running out of stock all over the world. We are stocking up as we speak, but it will have an expiration date in the future. So far no other manufacture have these sizes so its worrisome.

We also found that redline racing oil makes it shift much smoother and grind less when cold especially from 1st to 2nd. But a general rule is shift more deliberately from 1st to 2nd and pull to the left more to avoid grinding.
Generally, this car need to be warmed up and care need to be taken when shifting, unlike others.

A430v iss the closest. Although there were 10 responses before I typed this

Clutches are $16-22k depending on who does it and if it's done right. They shouldn't go out to fast
UNLESS YOU LONE IT TO ALZILLA
There is a Rennlister who has 30k track miles on his same clutch from new. Mine was 90% with 2k miles on it when I bought it. I don't know where it is now at 7k miles.

4 year service should be 6k-8k depending on who does it. I would recommend only someone that knows what they are doing. The CGT's take a completely different set of tools to work on. Including as someone mentioned the hoisting alone takes time unless you are geared to do it.

Tires every 4 years is a given if not driven a lot and using Z rated tires with the possibility of 150mph plus bursts

Fluid change I will do every two years I believe. The synthetics used are great.

Windshields if broken I've heard are $8k but I've not priced them just know a guy that replaced his.

Windshield Wiper cost me $180 bucks.

Other than that Gas and Insurance and Cost of the car.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:39 AM
Teamspeed Member
A430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to all
I believe it's closer to $9k. Whole front end needs to come off to access the windshield properly. Ours got replaced - thankfully under warranty!

Old 01-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all
too ****ing much!!!

clucth is like 16k + 5k to install
cluctch, 30k miles service, 4yr service w/ valvae adjustment, new battery is about 30k
new alternator, is like 2400
tires are like 2500
oil change is like 1200
400 to balacne tires
it adds up fast.
the fact that its a 400k car and the prices are relativly low doesnt mean shit when a clutch last about 10-15k miles for most and fluids every year etc