Sept 18th, 2010
I heard about a new 11
' GT3RS Limited Edition
They are making 500 cars. It will have a 4.0L engine and ... 500 bhp!
Anybody know more about this exclusive TEAMSPEED first rumor?
**Here we go folks!** 4-26-2011**
Porsche 911 GT3 racer crowning his series.
A special series of 600 vehicles have four-liter displacement and 500 horsepower.
All the news and info now here -> http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/gt/5...ess-shots.html
According to this non-official
info-sheet from member "Stickshift" in Germany:
- Market launch in Germany is July
- German base price: 178.596,-- €
- NS time is 7,27 min.
- Max. torque is 460 nm at 5.750 rpm
- Crankshaft is identical with the RSR’s
- Titanium pistons-rods
- 0-100 km/h in 3,9 s and 0-200 in 12 s
- Weight is 1360 kg
- Car is only available in white
- Power to weight ratio is 2,72 kg/PS
- Seats, hood and fenders are made of carbon fibre as standard *Updated Member Info - 3-8-2011*
Official News From PAG:
The Very First Press Release on the GT3 RS 4.0 is expected on April 28th.
The Very First unit will go into production on week20 (end of May)
Market introduction to ME Markets will be on week24 (end of June)
However, the very first units will not be delivered until (end of July)
Retail $$$ Price & Options (Order Guide) are expected with the 1st Press Release. *Update 3-23-2011*
From member Ressy:
Quote: New Image based on the news above: *Updated Member Info as of 3-25-2011*
Just got called by my contact which saw a White Pre-Series LE at Zuffenhausen! Literally he said: "think about an RSR with the rear wing of a GT3RS MK2 and you will have the 4.0 RS!"
Being a Pre-Series things might change but according to what he said we have:
- Front and Rear wider wheel arches with rivets RSR style, the car will be fitted with spacers behind the rims (to fit with the wider body).
- Front bonnet and rear boot in CF but luckily painted! NOT in ugly black GT2RS style.
- PCCB as standard.
- Manual 6 speeds gear box ONLY. (Sorry Maraki!!)
- Despite few CF parts the overall weight of the car should be the same as the GT3RS Mk2 due to the 4.0L engine being slightly heavier than the 3.8L.
- The rev. limiter should be at 8500rpm but this info cannot be confirmed at 100%.
1) Porsche will not announce the car on April 7th. They don't announce new models on Thursdays. They also would announce a car of this magnitude at some type of "event". There are no events on April 7th. My source said the announce will be in May, but no specific day given. Porsche feels that they announced so many cars in the last few months that they want the dust to settle. This will be the last 997 announced and then the 998 will start to get revealed. LE's will be delivered to US in August and Sept. That would be a major disappointment. We've already waited a long time.
2) 4.0L yes. 485 HP, not 500. NO PDK.
3) CF Hood and Fenders from GT2RS - No Surprise
4) Only slightly lighter than the GT3RS
5) New graphics and paint schemes - no surprise
6) Aero will be enhanced, but don't expect RSR style aero
7) Two tone interior options ala GT2RS.
8) Some suspension tweaks
9) $185k MSRP. With CF options it's over $200k.
*SPEC SHEET LEAKED!!!!!!
Not fully verified, only speculation at this point Added 4-15-2011
Possible test mule spotted for the 4.0 LE
(Notice front bumper canards and a larger rear wing)