Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BBTurbo
Guess I may be the bearer of bad news. I want the LE as much as anybody. I was just informed an hour ago that the LE is late summer. It will be the last 997, it will not be announced on April 7th. If ever I was wrong about an announce, I hope this is the one. But, my guy said he was just told yesterday. No LE announce until later in the Summer. Sept/Oct. Builds.
Long live the GT2 rs

Old 04-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
Im starting to believe they will release the 991 GT3 before this car is even anounced. Tbh its getting kind of ridiculous, I dont see the point of waiting even longer.
The point is that Porsche wants it to be the best and the last 997. As another OP said, they have other releases planned like the Silver Edition. Can't release the GT3RS LE in April and call it the last 997.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
The point is that Porsche wants it to be the best and the last 997. As another OP said, they have other releases planned like the Silver Edition. Can't release the GT3RS LE in April and call it the last 997.
BBTurbo, more importantly, I like the new avatar, although I'd rather see them in person.

So for any buyers who are interested in the "silver edition" because they believe it is the last 997, how are the wizards at porsche marketing department going to keep a straight face? Maybe when the silver edition buyers pick up their car, it'll have a plaque that says:

"THE LAST 997kinda, please continue to buy our special editions and we won't do this to you next time. Maybe."

Old 04-04-2011, 03:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Guess I may be the bearer of bad news. I want the LE as much as anybody. I was just informed an hour ago that the LE is late summer. It will be the last 997, it will not be announced on April 7th. If ever I was wrong about an announce, I hope this is the one. But, my guy said he was just told yesterday. No LE announce until later in the Summer. Sept/Oct. Builds.
Yep this is the info I have had for few weeks and I already posted it earlier on this thread:

Originally Posted by Ressy
Exactly...other infos say that this should be THE LAST 997 presented, we know already a Silver Edition is on the way... could it be the one presented in April?
According to some rumours the LE should be presented in Dicember together with the first 991 (for which production will begin with MY2012 in July/August)....
BUT HOPING ON THE 7TH OF APRIL COSTS NOTHING!!!!!
SO LET'S CROSS THE FINGERS GUYS

Originally Posted by rjmontoya
So for any buyers who are interested in the "silver edition" because they believe it is the last 997, how are the wizards at porsche marketing department going to keep a straight face? Maybe when the silver edition buyers pick up their car, it'll have a plaque that says:

"THE LAST 997kinda, please continue to buy our special editions and we won't do this to you next time. Maybe."
I guess the customers interested in a "Silver Edition" do not even know what a GT3 RS is...

Last edited by Ressy; 04-04-2011 at 03:51 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
hopefully it will be announced by page 100 of this thread!

Old 04-04-2011, 05:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Lol a silver edition? Porsche plz...

Old 04-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Teamspeed Member
NelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant future
LE

It's gotta be a bit disappointing to Porsche that the sales response for the GT2RS has been less than stellar overall based on reports I've heard. Further, the numbers of new .2 GT3RS on showroom floors can't be instilling confidence to build another RS version-much less 500 of them. Both 2 and 3RS are great cars, no question. Perhaps this is the reason for the LE delay. The Silver seems focused on a different audience. Loyal customers can only take soo much before deciding not to play the game. Some, like me will take a wait and see approach next time.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by B7R
April 7th is theee date ..... stay tuned!
Someone told me the 7th date has been changed to 20something of April...
Is that correct???

Old 04-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
CorsicanBB is an unknown quantity at this point
For what's it's worth, I was told by Porsche in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi that the LE would be announced via "a press teaser sometime in April" and to stay tuned for it. I definitely think we will hear something in the next few weeks.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:15 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
A friend of a friend whose friend works at their uncle's brother twice removed cousin dealership which is right next to a porsche dealer said its not going to be announced on the 7th....

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!