Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of fitting Akrapovič exhaust on my GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Thinking of fitting Akrapovič exhaust on my GT3

Hi guys,
I'm not an aftermarket product buyer and this is the first time in my life to think of installing something not OEM. I don't care much about hp gain or weight loss, all what I care about is purer louder engine music. I think I've seen most of the popular exhaust systems fitted on GT3s (on pics and vids) and like the shape and look of the Akrapovič. The only problem is that I need to hear them all in person to judge as it's not fair to compare between videos.

The question here, shall I go with it or I can get better sound / look with another brand?

Your advise is highly appreciated!

Old 09-15-2010, 04:18 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Old 09-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
for 600 dollars you can get a Europipe full muffler delete...retains stock headers...sounds amazing! Although insanely loud. retains warranty too...although akrapovics stuff is amazing! I had their exhaust on my M3 and it is top notch, but i do feel the titanium gives off a different sound...was weak sounding on the m3 but the gt3 seems to sound good w/their exhaust.

europipe

my dyno stock vs europipe

video

YouTube - Porsche GT3 Europipe Straight Pipes 4.mp4

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=9F9SyI...eature=related

Last edited by DD GT3 RD; 09-15-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of
IMO Akrapovic all the way.
This system is just awesome, Im really pleased.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Akrapvoic hands down. I have a full system on my M3 and was my first experience with the brand. OEM quality fit and finish - weigh half of most OEM systems. Great sound and no drone which was the most important!

Old 09-16-2010, 12:39 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
Gee I'm insulted, nah just kidding.
OP, for what you described as your specific interest then, DING DING DING HERE'S THE WINNER. BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!

Regarding the rest of this discussion, not another fukin word from me.

Ranger

Old 09-16-2010, 12:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I got an Akra Evolution system installed on my M3 today. The craftsmanship is out of this world, tonight I spent about thirty minutes under my car starring at it. Oh and it sounds great as well

Old 09-16-2010, 01:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I'm with you for the europipe, if I was stuck on the financials, I would go for it. What attracts me on the Akrapovič is the looks of the tips. Just see below how beautiful it is. I contacted them and they gave me four options:

-PORSCHE GT3/RS type 997 (3.8L) - Evolution exhaust system
Code Number Description Price EUR
S-PO997GT3FLE EVOLUTION SYSTEM
PORSCHE 911 GT3/RS type 997 (3.8L - mandatory carbon exhaust diffuser required)
Titanium exhaust system, headers with built in 100 cpsi catalysts dia 120, side Mufflers, Link pipes with exhaust valves set, Titanium double round shaped Tailpipes dia 100 mm,
SPORT MODE ACTIVE

-PORSCHE GT3/RS type 997 (3.8L) - Evolution race exhaust system
S-PO997GT3FLER EVOLUTION RACE SYSTEM
Titanium exhaust system, headers with built in 100 cpsi catalysts dia 120, Titanium Link pipes, Titanium double round shaped Tailpipes dia 100 mm,
SPORT MODE NOT ACTIVE

-PORSCHE GT3/RS type 997 (3.6L & 3.8L) - SPORTS CUP exhaust system
S-PO997GT3CUP SPORTS CUP SYSTEM
Titanium Muffler with fitting material, fits on original configuration, Titanium removable and adjustable double round Tail pipes dia 100 mm set, Titanium Link pipes set
SPORT MODE NOT ACTIVE

-PORSCHE GT3/RS type 997 (3.6L & 3.8L) - Slip on - homologated exhaust system
MTP-PO997GT3H SLIP ON HOMOLOGATED (e1*0310432*) (e1*0310522*)
PORSCHE 911 GT3/RS type 997
(3.8L - mandatory carbon exhaust diffuser required)
Titanium Muffler with fitting material, fits on original configuration, TP double round dia 100 mm
SPORT MODE ACTIVE

I would go for the last two options as they don't involve headers therefore I believe my warranty would be retained. Will there be any be any differences in the sound?

I'm also wondering what's the difference between "SPORT MODE ACTIVE" and "SPORT MODE NOT ACTIVE".

Attached Images  
Old 09-16-2010, 02:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
definitely will be a different sound without the headers. You have 2 options...the "race" using stock headers and a Akra center muffler(deletes the side) some cup cars run this system. Id go with this one if you are set on the akra.
YouTube - Akrapovic Porsche 997 GT3 Monza - Titanium Exhaust System Sound
also what you would have stock headers and akra race muffler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osTJNoRbPhg&NR=1

or you get the system with 2 side mufflers and the center muffler which also has a valve, which i believe partially bypasses the side mufflers (for a quieter and louder mode, like stock)

Last edited by DD GT3 RD; 09-16-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
definitely will be a different sound without the headers. You have 2 options...the "race" using stock headers and a Akra center muffler(deletes the side) some cup cars run this system. Id go with this one if you are set on the akra.
YouTube - Akrapovic Porsche 997 GT3 Monza - Titanium Exhaust System Sound
also what you would have stock headers and akra race muffler
YouTube - Akrapovic Porsche GT3 Ansicht

or you get the system with 2 side mufflers and the center muffler which also has a valve, which i believe partially bypasses the side mufflers (for a quieter and louder mode, like stock)

So which one you're referring to? the 2nd one or the 3rd. the 2nd is called "race" but it include headers.

Quick Reply: Thinking of fitting Akrapovič exhaust on my GT3