Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead battery CGT - how to get access to battery?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Donnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to behold
Dead battery CGT - how to get access to battery?

Think I must have left the lights on - cant open the car to gain access to open the engine compartment....Anyone know what the trick is?

Also, excuse the basic question...but the battery is in the back? Dont want to spend time opening the engine and find its in the front.

Also...I should NOT jump start it? I should just buy a new battery or charge?

thanks!

Old 08-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
You can jump start them. I've had a CGT battery die on me before too. There is a ground terminal located on the rear diff housing and you can access the positive terminal on the battery to jump start it on the right side of the engine compartment right behind the passenger seat if I remember correctly.

I hope that works. It was just about a year ago since I last tried to jump one. Actually, I had the battery die on me twice in the same weekend and was able to jump start it back to life both times.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
I would just try to charge it over night. If that doesn't work, get a new battery.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Donnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to behold
Thanks guys

so you do you know how to gain access without being able to open the car?

Old 08-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
mannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond repute
A A A ?

Old 08-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by mannnu81
A A A ?
I wonder how many carrera gts they get called out to?

lets hope someone here has a method I can try!

Old 08-06-2010, 12:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
There's a mechanical release for the engine cover somewhere. I have no idea where it is though. Try looking in the manual if you can get to it. Otherwise, google it, I guess?

Old 08-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
911s have a mechanical release in front of front passenger wheel inside wheel well; so, in theory, CGT should have one too (somewhere)

- chuck

Old 08-06-2010, 12:34 AM
ss7
Teamspeed Pro
ss7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond repute
Like Alzilla said, just behind the passenger seat

Old 08-06-2010, 02:40 AM
Teamspeed Member
A430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to all
SS7 about sums it up. I would try a charge or jump, if no go, then gotta tow to dealer. You're never going to access the battery without some major work. If you're due for an oil change, might as well do it at the same time, since the same body panels have to come off for a battery change as an oil change.

Quick Reply: Dead battery CGT - how to get access to battery?