Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First trackday in my GT3

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
First trackday in my GT3

As the title says, I had my first trackday in the GT3. I've done numerous auto trackdays going back to when Bridgehampton still had a racetrack but mostly I ride my 2006 R6 at various events throughout the summer at VIR, Poconos, Beaver Run and NNJR. Back to back, without a doubt, bikes are way more fun. More track time, higher speeds and just plain cheaper to run.

The event was with PCA at Thunderbolt over the past weekend. I can honestly say that after driving the GT3, I had as much fun in this car as I do with my R6. Reason being is because I always felt bad pushing my other cars on the track. Tires screeching, body rollin and brakes fading. The GT3 had none of that. It is by far the closest thing to a motorcycle I've ever driven.

At first I was just plain scared because of the cars reputation for biting when not driven properly. My fear was heightened when it rained on Saturday and I'm on Michelin PSC's which have an even worse reputation in the wet.

After the first few sessions, I was flying. I was in the white group and wet or dry, the car was predictable and easy to drive very fast. I even lapped a fellow '10 GT3 . I could just point where I wanted the car and it just went. I couldn't do any jerky movements which was fine in my GTR(sold) but you shouldn't be doing them anyway. Only issue was in the rain, when passing in the back straight. Going off the racing line to pass where there were puddles caused the car to hydroplane a bit. Aside from that you'd have to do some pretty forceful moves to make the car go off line.

I drive with all the nannies on and the tires only had 500 miles on them so the car was pretty much doing everything for me. I also found out I'm on the newer PSC's which are supposed to be better in the wet. I was too busy driving so I only have a couple of pics. For all of you out there with GT3's and may be apprehensive about trackdays, don't fear. The car was a dream to drive fast. I mean real fast.

My only regret is all the rubber kicking up from the slower guys in front of me dirtying up my car and hearing shit from the guys about my crappy number job.

Last edited by s4awd; 07-14-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Nice! Sounds like a fun event! Do you have any other trips to the track planned?

Old 07-14-2010, 06:05 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a blast! (Jealous)...your number job is really bad though!

Old 07-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Great write up!
your numbers do suck

Old 07-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Nice! Sounds like a fun event! Do you have any other trips to the track planned?
If I don't break any bones riding my bike, I have Watkins Glenn with PCA in August, Lightining with PCA in Sept and Monticello with NASA in Sept . See you there!

Old 07-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
Glad you found out what was so special about owning a GT3

Old 07-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by jenk12m
Glad you found out what was so special about owning a GT3
I'm glad as well. However it's unfortunate that the entry price for this car is so high. It seems only a lucky few and some auto journalists will ever know how great this car is.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Numbers are perfect for your Yugo... Oh, wait. That's a GT3. Your numbers suck!

Old 07-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Former Sponsor
GeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GoFastKindaGuy
Numbers are perfect for your Yugo... Oh, wait. That's a GT3. Your numbers suck!
Lol yeah those numbers are legit!

Old 07-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Former Sponsor
FORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud of
Nice to see you put your GT3 to good use!

Quick Reply: First trackday in my GT3