Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posting a special car for sale on behalf of DocDan, read and you'll understand why...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 12:05 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Posting a special car for sale on behalf of DocDan, read and you'll understand why...

As many other here have mentioned in the past I too have had some unfortunate back issue's of late and when I read this post on our old board 6speed I thought It would be a nice thing to spread Doc's story and his car for sale if anyone here has interest:

Here is his posting from 6- Feel well soon Doc

In a blink of an eye, things can change .....And just like that my life has changed. Overnight I went from a perfectly healthy 42 year old with no medical problems and not a care in the world, to a person who now lives in constant pain and lives with the realization that I will no longer be able to do many of the things I love to do the most. The injury was so subtle, and so quick, I thought there was no way it could be anything so serious. I was working out, rather strenously, and doing some reverse grip pull ups at the end of my work out. I was fatigued, but determined to get my all of my reps in. I then did, what I thought was straining the muscles of my back/shoulder.

It was only after 3 weeks of extreme pain, and then waking up one morning with my left arm paralyzed, that I found out that I severely herniated 2 discs in cervical spine. On a scale of 1-10, these herniations are 10's. They are completely occupying the space where my nerve roots exit my spinal column to innervate my left upper extremity.

I am podiatrist who makes a living specializing in complex reconstructive foot and ankle surgeries. My first concern was and is my livelihood. Luckily, after 2 spinal injections, the full motion has returned to my left arm, but it is wracked with constant nerve pain. I am able to do my cases for now, but do them while in pain..

I don't write this post to garner sympathy from fellow 6speeders. My first purpose is to remind all of you what a great blessing health is. You take it for granted until it's YOUR health that is in question. I've been told that I will need to give up tracking. I've also been told that I shouldn't drive any of my Porsches period until I have surgery to repair my neck. The risk for furthur nerve damage is too great.

Even if I am able to return to driving Porsches after my surgery, it would never be at the speeds and G's that I am used to pulling. So now, I am faced with another decision that I never thought I'd face, should I sell my GT3?

For those who know me, you know this is a very unique widebody GT3. It really does have over $250K wrapped up in it. I had planned to own it forever. I have tracked this car about 12 times and had hoped to do so for another few hundred. The reality is, I may never track again. The secondary reality is, that I will be out of work for a while when I have my surgery. Thank god I have my disability with NWML because they help a bunch. Nonetheless, I will need extra cash on hand during that time, and I cannot justify letting my car just sit and depreciate in my garage when I can't use it.

So, here I am, supposed to be writing up my "for sale" ad, but am finding myself unable to do so. I'm kinda like this with any car I sell, but this car is different, and the circumstances behind the sale are different as they are not under my control.

My car has 10,400 miles and is in excellent condition. I don't know what I should even try to get for it in this market and economy, but as you may guess, I'm not planning on giving it away either. I hope to get something the around $120K for her, but who knows? It depends if someone out there really wants this car as much as I did.

So until I can get my ad together, here are a couple of pictures of her for you all to enjoy.

Dan

a lot more pictures and information about her in this thread (since then I've added the Sharkwerks exhaust) :

RSR styled widebody 997 GT3 (lots of pics!)

and my avatar.....

Old 10-23-2009, 12:18 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Read this post on the 6...Scary how life can change so quickly. The car is amazing though, and the next owner will have one awesome unique machine.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Although I don't know you Dan, Get well soon!

Old 10-23-2009, 12:26 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
That is so sad to hear. I hope all the best for the owner.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:34 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Hey guys if you are still on the 6 just shoot him a pm to let him know we posted it for him

Old 10-23-2009, 12:37 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
sad story...

wish him all the best for his future!

sick car!
love everything about it!

120k for that unique beast is a very fair price!

Good luck with your sale

Old 10-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
docdan is a splendid one to beholddocdan is a splendid one to beholddocdan is a splendid one to beholddocdan is a splendid one to beholddocdan is a splendid one to beholddocdan is a splendid one to beholddocdan is a splendid one to beholddocdan is a splendid one to beholddocdan is a splendid one to beholddocdan is a splendid one to beholddocdan is a splendid one to behold
To DJ and fellow Teamspeed members,

I am truly touched and impressed with this type of support from your board. My good personal friend, Blakt Out has been telling me I needed to come over here for a long time.

This gesture on your part has me convinced that Teamspeed is a place I would like to be a member of as well. (I've been a member for months, but just haven't been active at all over here).

The good news is I am having surgery next Friday, and if all goes well, I should be able to start tracking again in a few months. I appreciate any interest in my car as well. . Please feel free to contact me if you think you'd want to buy this car sometime in the future, and we can talk about it. Although I LOVE this particular car, I know there will be other cars in my future as well.

take care everyone and sincerely thank you for you support.

Dan

Old 10-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck with everything DocDan. As someone with a cervical fusion myself, I know what you are dealing with. Have faith. Things will once again return to your favor and you'll be enjoying that car before you know it.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Good Luck Doc!!! Hope you can keep the GT3, and get some good Track days in.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Truly sad to hear and I wish you a full recovery. If I had the cash available I would snatch the car up tomorrow as it has been the background on one of my computers for a long time. However, as others have said, I hope you're able to keep this gem and get back to driving it again.

Quick Reply: Posting a special car for sale on behalf of DocDan, read and you'll understand why...