Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fayence Yellow CGT getting 4 yr major service - Must See !

Old 08-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Those pictures are awesome! I lpve seeing all the little things that are usually tucked away. You know they could have gotton away with less "art" since most of it is hidden, but damn. can't wait to see more!

Old 08-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
That's incredible! Awesome photos as always, Jason! I really love seeing all the cool up close, detailed shots of such engineering masterpieces as the Carrera GT. What's even crazier is that this is the third thread I've seen about a TS member's CGT going in for service. You just can't find this kind of content anywhere else on the web!

Old 08-13-2009, 12:29 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
I went back today after being contacted by the service technician informing me that more of the components had been taken apart and that he'd gone as far as he'd needed. It'd be a good time for me to take more pictures and so I took some more:

All the parts laid out

Screws, fasteners, bolts, etc all organized

Even under the skin, there's CF components

Rear suspension components under the covers

Nothing but "tailight"

Rear brakes (note the e-brake caliper on the lower right)

Rear shock

Interlock tab for center hub unit

Some of the many tubings

The black tube leads air into the rear rotor cooling it

Close up of rear caliper

Front brakes (note the ventings)

Passenger side mirror

Components all laid out

Some of the many foreign made components used

Rear bumper

Rear side fenders

Wheels and battery

Top view of battery

Instructions given

Last edited by atomic80; 08-13-2009 at 02:44 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:29 AM
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Rear suspension components from the top

Close up of tailights

Loosing up the lower arms

Rear e-brake caliper by Brembo

The view from behind the rear bumper

Engine bay

Towel to protect the ceramic rotor

Carbon fiber air box

Engine heads

Getting ready to tighten the suspension components with straps

Components again

Straps in place

Close up of straps holding suspension components up

Two of the major wiring sockets

Lower A-arms released from below

View from below

View from below again

Arms unbolted

Rear quarter view from below

Side view showing the A-arms unbolted

Old 08-13-2009, 12:30 AM
Front right brakes

Suspension components from underneath

Can you see the fender openings on the right?

A better view

CF brake duct leading cool air to the rotor

Another view of the brake duct

Rear brake duct is made of plastic leading straight up like a periscope

Brake duct from underneath

Old 08-13-2009, 12:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
What's so amazing about the CGT is that there are all of these awesome and beautiful finished CF parts in places that nobody would expect. Porsche seems to have gone out of their way to make every place where CF weave is exposed look absolutely perfect, in addition to being 100% structurally solid. I just love it!

More awesome pics, Jason! I'm really impressed that you were able to get in there to even get some of these shots! Must've been a tight fit for you and your camera!

Old 08-13-2009, 01:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
thank you so much for these pics! and thank the tech for allowing you to do so!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a treat. These pics just make you appreciate the cars more and more. I am looking forward to more pics! i can't say thanks enough

Old 08-13-2009, 01:16 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
That car is so incredible. Thanks Jason for sharing the depth of this car. You can see where every nickel was spent.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:39 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JackGT3
Jason Tang = True artist with a Camera !
Jason plus this access to the inner workings of the CGT =

Can't thank you enough for this Jason.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:54 AM
I'd like to thank Jacob, the service tech for allowing me a chance to get up close and personal pictures of Kuzi's amazing CGT. I hope to go back once he's finished and get some pictures of the CGT fully assembled on the lift. He's also been extremely gracious about taking time to answer whatever questions I had as well.

Hope you all enjoyed these pictures. I took pictures of a 997.2 GT3 that was sitting in the showroom also. I'll post those up soon too so stay tuned for those. You know that it's going to be spectacular.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fayence Yellow CGT getting 4 yr major service - Must See !