Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BREMBO*** New Products ***BREMBO

Old 04-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Brembo_Support has a spectacular aura aboutBrembo_Support has a spectacular aura aboutBrembo_Support has a spectacular aura aboutBrembo_Support has a spectacular aura aboutBrembo_Support has a spectacular aura aboutBrembo_Support has a spectacular aura aboutBrembo_Support has a spectacular aura aboutBrembo_Support has a spectacular aura aboutBrembo_Support has a spectacular aura aboutBrembo_Support has a spectacular aura aboutBrembo_Support has a spectacular aura about
BREMBO*** New Products ***BREMBO

Hello Teamspeed'ers,

Just wanted to take a moment and show you guys some new products we've recently released for the Porsche GT3 / GT2 and Carrera GT,...including steel or PCCB models.

BREMBO 2pc. fully floating replacement discs
(for use with OEM calipers)

- Lightweight - for unsprung and rotational weight savings.
- Full Floating - seeks true center line for crisp response, improved pad and rotor wear.
- Patented McLaren Rotor Harware - allows for full floating function while eliminating noise.
- Superior Metallurgy - the highest quality and LONGEST lasting rotor options available.
- Type 3 Slot Pattern - Improves initial bite and release characteristics for improved modulation and control.
- Top Level Motorsports Desing - Bringing the the best possible quality and performance from the track to your daily driver / weekend warrior / track day or club race car.

350mm / 380mm 2pc. Type 3

Keep your factory calipers and improve you braking performance.
Improved longevity helps reduce consumable costs over time.

Full assemblies start at $1795 per pair...replacement discs start at $479 ea.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Jack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond repute
Brembo what do you suggest I do for an 07 GT3 for track applications. I don't have ceramics but would like to go over options form you.
Feel free to Pm me

Old 04-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Mpowerful has a reputation beyond reputeMpowerful has a reputation beyond reputeMpowerful has a reputation beyond reputeMpowerful has a reputation beyond reputeMpowerful has a reputation beyond reputeMpowerful has a reputation beyond reputeMpowerful has a reputation beyond reputeMpowerful has a reputation beyond reputeMpowerful has a reputation beyond reputeMpowerful has a reputation beyond reputeMpowerful has a reputation beyond repute
Would any of these apps work with an M6 ?

Old 04-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
How about an e92M?

Old 04-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Brembo_Support has a spectacular aura aboutBrembo_Support has a spectacular aura aboutBrembo_Support has a spectacular aura aboutBrembo_Support has a spectacular aura aboutBrembo_Support has a spectacular aura aboutBrembo_Support has a spectacular aura aboutBrembo_Support has a spectacular aura aboutBrembo_Support has a spectacular aura aboutBrembo_Support has a spectacular aura aboutBrembo_Support has a spectacular aura aboutBrembo_Support has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JackGT3
Brembo what do you suggest I do for an 07 GT3 for track applications. I don't have ceramics but would like to go over options form you.
Feel free to Pm me
Hey Jack,

So you have a steel car, and you are doing track events?
How often, or what is the percentage of street driving vs. track use?

I have grown very fond of these new 2pc. discs, and the 350mm diameter is more than enough heat capacity for 90% of the GT3 drivers out there.
Matched with a set of braided lines, and a proper pad compound (I really like the Pagid RS29), you should have plenty of brake and dramatically improved modulation and longevity.

Just for reference, these same Type 3 slotted discs are widely used in World Challenge, Grand Am, ALMS and other production based racing series around the world.

If your car is set up a bit more extreme, or is a more dedicated track car (not seeing much street use at all), we may want to consider stepping up to a larger diameter disc and a lighter weight/stiffer caliper in the way of a full Big Brake Kit. The BBK includes the braided lines and pads, and is engineered around your factory ABS and master cylinder for optimum bias. I generally only take this step if you are in a position where you are consistently running into heat management issues such as mechanical fade or boiling fluid and/or just want to be in a position where brake performance and confidence NEVER has the chance to become a concern.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by Mpowerful
Would any of these apps work with an M6 ?
Originally Posted by JC919
How about an e92M?
Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to offer these 2pc. type rotor upgrades for any of the current BMW applications.

With the Porsche cars they have the luxury of having an opposed (4-piston or 6-piston) caliper with a proper disc that matches the exact diameter, thickness, and annulus necessary.

On a positive note, we do offer a variety of Big Brake Systems that include the caliper, pads, discs, braided lines and necessary hardware to provide a direct bolt on application that is also compatible with the factory ABS and master cylinder for both of those applications.

It is a bit more costly than just doing a rotor upgrade, but the end result is braking performance on par (and even beyond) the factory equipped Porsche Turbo and GT3 cars.

The M3 and M6 do not necessarily have poor brakes out of the box, but you quickly realize the limitations they do have very quickly under track or track like conditions. Part of this is due to the sliding caliper design, and partly due to the maximum heat capacity for the OEM sized disc.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:53 PM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Brembo

I have a set of these rotors going on front and rear of my 996 GT3

I am going to go with RS29 pads

safe to assume I just order the RS29s for 996 gt3 OR does this rotor set require anything special when ordering pads?

Also - what would you say are the top 3 selling features of your 2 piece when compared to giro disc? Clearly I was sold... but more and more giro discs are going into circulation and I think it is mainly price that is driving their popularity but many people have told me I am only "paying for the name" so to speak... I know that Rotora is making the rotors and hardware for giro disc product...

In any event, your 2 pieces look great and they are on the shelf with my name on them just waiting to get my car in and having them installed while the car is there!

Old 04-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Teamspeed Member
Turbo4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
how much heavier than the PCCB rotors?

Old 04-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by PJS
Brembo

I have a set of these rotors going on front and rear of my 996 GT3

I am going to go with RS29 pads

safe to assume I just order the RS29s for 996 gt3 OR does this rotor set require anything special when ordering pads?

Also - what would you say are the top 3 selling features of your 2 piece when compared to giro disc? Clearly I was sold... but more and more giro discs are going into circulation and I think it is mainly price that is driving their popularity but many people have told me I am only "paying for the name" so to speak... I know that Rotora is making the rotors and hardware for giro disc product...

In any event, your 2 pieces look great and they are on the shelf with my name on them just waiting to get my car in and having them installed while the car is there!
"Top 3 Selling Features"

- Quality
- Performance
- Longevity

I know that sounds a little bit vague, but those are the features over other brands that are available.

It's a tricky question to answer simply by stating key benefits or features.

Any company can make a 2pc. disc and claim the weight savings.
Any company can write a description that claims they will outlast the OEM discs.
Many companies already copy Brembo hardware designs and claim the same benefits of a full floating disc.
On paper you can make pretty much anything look similar, and with a lower cost, create some interest.

Brembo's quality is second to none in terms of materials used, manufacturing process, quality control, R&D and testing processes in order to produce a component that surpasses all expectations. The metallurgy is proprietary and a physical characteristic that can't be copied or faked. This is directly related to both performance and longevity.

The discs used in our BBK's and for these 2pc. rotor assemblies are the same as used in the professional racing division and in nearly EVERY top level racing series in the world. The performance is based on the durability of the disc and it's ability to recover from temperature spikes and extreme heat cycles without fatigue. Brembo does not have a sponsorship program for professional racing. Every team that is running their product is doing so within their own budget and doing it for the performance advantage. Consistency, durability, and longevity are the 3 words you will hear from these teams racing engineers if you were to ask them the same question.

Longevity is the key purpose for this particular application. A higher quality can only be proven by how long it lasts and the performance benefit it provides throughout it's lifespan. These discs will last significantly longer than any other option available. Initial cost aside, the Brembo option will ultimately reduce running cost over an extended period of time.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:41 PM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Brembo_Support
"Top 3 Selling Features"

- Quality
- Performance
- Longevity

I know that sounds a little bit vague, but those are the features over other brands that are available.

It's a tricky question to answer simply by stating key benefits or features.

Any company can make a 2pc. disc and claim the weight savings.
Any company can write a description that claims they will outlast the OEM discs.
Many companies already copy Brembo hardware designs and claim the same benefits of a full floating disc.
On paper you can make pretty much anything look similar, and with a lower cost, create some interest.

Brembo's quality is second to none in terms of materials used, manufacturing process, quality control, R&D and testing processes in order to produce a component that surpasses all expectations. The metallurgy is proprietary and a physical characteristic that can't be copied or faked. This is directly related to both performance and longevity.

The discs used in our BBK's and for these 2pc. rotor assemblies are the same as used in the professional racing division and in nearly EVERY top level racing series in the world. The performance is based on the durability of the disc and it's ability to recover from temperature spikes and extreme heat cycles without fatigue. Brembo does not have a sponsorship program for professional racing. Every team that is running their product is doing so within their own budget and doing it for the performance advantage. Consistency, durability, and longevity are the 3 words you will hear from these teams racing engineers if you were to ask them the same question.

Longevity is the key purpose for this particular application. A higher quality can only be proven by how long it lasts and the performance benefit it provides throughout it's lifespan. These discs will last significantly longer than any other option available. Initial cost aside, the Brembo option will ultimately reduce running cost over an extended period of time.
Thank you for taking the time to respond... I am excited to replace my exisiting rotors with these!

nothing special needed in terms of pad ordering?
Just looking to order RS29 pagids and do I need to note anything special about these rotors when placing the pad order... or just say 996 GT3 and all is good?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BREMBO*** New Products ***BREMBO