Notices
General Mercedes-Benz General Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

♦ Sonic MS | W221 S-Class Facelift Headlight Retrofit

Old 06-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Former Sponsor
Cal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura about
♦ Sonic MS | W221 S-Class Facelift Headlight Retrofit

Greetings all,

We are proud to announce that we are the first shop to successfully retrofit the facelift headlights onto a pre-facelift W221 without the use of messy resistor packs or hack-job wiring. The retrofit process we utilized was completely plug and play.

Here you can see the original pre-facelift headlamp.

New facelift headlamp unit.

Here you can see the LED DRL system being fully functional.

As well as the LED turn signals. All OEM functionality is retained. If one were to upgrade the front bumper with the facelift (2011+) with the LED DRL fog light strips, all the connections are ready for plug and play operation as well.

We used a custom plug and play retrofit harness in addition to retrofitting a 2011+ model year SAM (Signal Acquisition Module) and custom programming for everything to function properly.

Below is a video demonstrating the facelift headlamps in action.

YouTube - ‪Mercedes Benz S-Class W221 Facelift Headlight Retrofit‬‏

For more information on this retrofit, or to order the parts necessary, please contact us directly at 650.733.6506 or email at info@sonicms.net.

Or you can simply visit the below link to our web store to order.

https://www.sonicms.net/index.php?ro...product_id=263

Old 08-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Sean is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome! nice video to show the headlight functioning!

Old 08-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Former Sponsor
Cal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura about
Here are some more pictures documenting another the W221 Facelift S63 AMG full conversion.

The car is a 2008 S550. We retrofitted OEM facelift S63 AMG front bumper with LED daytime running lights (DRLs) in addition to the OEM facelift W221 headlights with LED DRLs, precoded front SAM (signal acquisition module) and our proprietary plug and play wiring harness. In addition, we retrofitted OEM facelift rear tail lights and OEM facelift S63 AMG rear bumper as well as a custom quad exhaust system.

Here you can see that the car already has the S63 AMG facelift front bumper installed with LED DRLs but still with the prefacelift headlights.

We removed the front bumper...

Here's a few pictures of the plug and play connectors.

New facelift units installed.

Picture of the facelift LED tail lights and rear SAM.

Pictures of facelift LED tail lights installed.

Lighted up...

And here is the end result and some night-time shots ! Enjoy!

Old 12-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Former Sponsor
Quick photos of another facelift W221 headlight and S63 AMG front bumper retrofit.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Former Sponsor
Old 01-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Old 01-19-2016, 09:29 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Hatem is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi
I really need your help guys ..
My name is Hatem I'm from Manchester UK

I have my car Mercedes s350 w221 ready after having changed the facelift from
2009 to a 2012 one but I still need the cable/adaptor wiring for the lights.
Can you please let me know if you have if and how much it is?
This is what I am referring to:
This is my phone number
Hatem000080@yahoo.com
Best regards