Notices
General Mercedes-Benz General Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

Special G-Class models 'BA3 Final Edition' and 'Edition Select'

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 09:30 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Post Special G-Class models 'BA3 Final Edition' and 'Edition Select'

Special G-Class models 'BA3 Final Edition' and 'Edition Select'

For some 32 years, the G-Class Mercedes has been a bit of an icon to off-roading types, and two special models have just been added to the range. One of them – the ‘BA3 Final Edition’ – will be the last ever edition of the short-wheelbase Station Wagon.

Both this, and the long-wheelbase ‘Edition Select’ (pictured above), are luxuriously equipped, with an extensive stainless steel package and mounted AMG features giving the square and purposeful vehicles a very striking appearance. The interiors, meanwhile, boast a Chrome package and many comfort-enhancing extras.

The Edition Select’s two-tone paintwork is exclusively for the long-wheelbase G 500 model. At no extra cost, there is a choice of designo mystic white, palladium silver metallic, thulite red metallic and obsidian black metallic, while the bumpers, AMG side flaps and exterior mirrors are always painted in obsidian black metallic. In the cabin, the upholstery is also two-tone – in porcelain/black designo leather – although single-tone black designo leather is offered as an alternative, plus there is ambient lighting and chrome trim in the area of the selector lever, seat adjustment controls and front-door-mounted loudspeakers.

Talking of loudspeakers, the Edition Select’s Harman Kardon Logic7® surround sound system is, says Mercedes, “among the finest available”, thanks in part to a 10-channel DSP amplifier with a total output of 450W and 12 high-performance loudspeakers.

Even the less expensive, short-wheelbase BA3 Final Edition (pictured below) has been blessed with upgrades that include AMG flared wheel arches, 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels, and an AMG radiator grille in a 3-louvre design with chrome highlights. Among the other standard features on these special G-Class models is an electric sliding/tilting sunroof, and a telephony system in the armrest. Seating comfort is assured by the multi-contour front seats in black leather with seat climatisation, promising first-class comfort even in mid-summer temperatures.

Two engines will be available: the G 350 BlueTEC, powered by a 6-cylinder diesel engine and offering 211HP and 540Nm of torque; while the G 500 has a 5.5-litre V8 petrol engine with 388HP and 530Nm. Both special G-Class models are equipped with permanent all-wheel drive with off-road ratio and the 7G-TRONIC seven-speed automatic transmission, the electronically controlled traction system 4ETS, ESP, and three differential locks – with 100% locking selectable at the push of a button.

Source Classic Driver

Old 05-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
I like Mo's better! I am saddened by the fact that when I finally have the funds to buy one of these, they won't be in production. I LOVE these square tanks.

Last edited by TeutonicCarFan; 05-10-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:38 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
agreed, Mohammed's spec is my fav

Old 05-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
The Edition 79 is the best special edition G. Mo's > all.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
I'm with keV on this!

The G is my dream truck and has been so since my childhood. It is what pops into my head when I think MB. I don't know how they are letting this timeless beauty slip away...

Old 05-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Definitely a bummer, always loved the G. These look good but Mo's is the best

Old 05-10-2011, 11:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Love the car. I wonder how the replacement will end up looking and how similar the two will be?

Old 05-10-2011, 11:59 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
would love to own the 3door ie coupe version of the G-class be it cabriolet or hardtop.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Are they also discontinuing the LWB version??

Old 05-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
tem07 is infamous around these partstem07 is infamous around these parts
I like this and I don't like it (the non-AMG wheels).
And no, they're not discontinuing the LWB version.

Quick Reply: Special G-Class models 'BA3 Final Edition' and 'Edition Select'