Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

New SUV, welcome thoughts

Old 02-24-2013, 09:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997carrerasblk06
^this, my RR is a 2010 and no problems.
Agreed, I have a 2011 RR SC and love it, has 38k miles and is near perfect. Knock on wood that I didn't just jinx it

Old 02-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
Know too many people who have had issues with LR. RR would also cost 10-20 k more than LX or MB.

What are the issues with the LX570 not keeping up??

Forrester is too small. Interior on GM stuff doesn't work for me. As we keep and use for 10+ years, durable and reliable are key.

Anybody get 100K+ miles from a recent MB SUV?? How's interior, etc holding up?

Appreciate all the feedback.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
^ i always heard horror stories as well thru the grapevine, however, after speaking with about 10 of my clients that all have owned multiple LR/RR over the last 10 years so and hearing there experiences have all been positive i figured i would try one. All of my pals love them, trouble free for the most part

Old 02-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Scootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
Forrester is too small. Interior on GM stuff doesn't work for me. As we keep and use for 10+ years, durable and reliable are key.
Durability and reliability aren't a problem with the GMs. When's the last time you got a chance to experience the interior of a brand new, fully spec'd GM SUV?

Last edited by Scootypuff Jr.; 02-24-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
I have had a 99', 07' and brand new 13' RR, and have loved each one. I had no problems with reliability at all with any of them. The 99' had over 100k miles when I sold it. Nothing feels better then a RR to drive. The 12' models are selling for up to 10k off sticker since the new ones are here.
I owned a new LX570 for about 8 months, hated the car. When I had a chance to get a CTT instead my wife said, please get rid of it. We both hated driving it. It was slow, very clumsy and wobbly on the road. It was exhausting to drive around because of its size. The infotainment and stereo were just plain average, nothing special or nice. For 92K the GL is worlds better. Interior and build quality were no where near the level of the european cars. I would take a chevy tahoe, or gmc denali (if you need more luxury) over the lexus anyday. The lexus LX570 was the biggest regret of car buying I have had over 10 years and 20 different cars.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:53 AM
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
OK, I will go test drive the RR. No point asking for opinions, if you don't listen.

As to GM/Ford. I went and looked at the navigator, too big and "bling" for me. Had a Lincoln MKS sedan as a loaner recently, fit and finish were OK, but not the same as the european stuff I have been driving.

Have more than a few friends with Caddy's and GMC etc that I have been driven around in. I'll have to agree to disagree that the interior quality is on par with Lexus, RR and MB.

I agree that the LX470 is a bus, and dated with respect to handling and electronics. Our major complaint with it has been handling and acceleration. It has gotten us up and down some pretty good hills covered in snow and ice, driven more than 175K miles over 12 years, with little more than routine maintenance.

Consensus seems to be MB and RR. So off to Pittsburgh to check on RR, next weekend I'm off call.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:58 AM
Also any comments on Infiniti Q56?? Acura MDX? Haven't driven or sat in them either.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Scootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of light
Also any comments on Infiniti Q56?? Acura MDX? Haven't driven or sat in them either.
Infiniti is a nice SUV. Pretty capable. Kind of ugly if you ask me and I'd opt for the RR over it.

MDX won't impress you.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:43 AM
Just spent a few moments on line, the reliability issues are noted on jd powers for what that is worth, both short and long term

lexus>MB>>>RR

Though hands down the look and interior of RR>>>MB>>>Lexus

Infiniti looks hideous to me, but was willing to look at it, if their was a bunch of people saying to.

There are no high end dealers within 50 miles of my home, so looking at them means a substantial investment in time. Whereas I love looking for my cars, dragging wife and kids to look at SUV's is not as enticing to me.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
OK, I will go test drive the RR. No point asking for opinions, if you don't listen.

Have more than a few friends with Caddy's and GMC etc that I have been driven around in. I'll have to agree to disagree that the interior quality is on par with Lexus, RR and MB.

Did not mean to say that the interior quality of GMC was better then a lexus, I meant that it was an overall better purchase since its half the price and the lexus is no where near a 92k value.
JD power ratings are a good measure, also note that Jaguar which is pretty much the same as LR now(same ownership, engines, and many other parts) , has moved from around 40th place to 4th place with reliability.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New SUV, welcome thoughts